This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Torchbearer

123457»

Comments

• Welp. There's $12 that I'll be spending.
  • Shaun said:

Welp. There's $12 that I'll be spending.

Sadly it looks like they're doing another one of those mad-dash limited sale things again. It's not worth the effort when they fail at technology every single time. I'll wait for the mass produced sale that doesn't involve reloading their broken site in vain.
  • However many they printed, they're out of stock already. Somehow I'm not shocked, but like Scott, I'll wait for the mass produced sale.
  • Apreche said:

Shaun said:

Sadly it looks like they're doing another one of those mad-dash limited sale things again. It's not worth the effort when they fail at technology every single time. I'll wait for the mass produced sale that doesn't involve reloading their broken site in vain.
  • Aww yeah! Master of the Arcane Torel has yet again confounded and deceived his enemies. A stone guardian has tumbled to his destined fate due to my cunning plan. Also, I've obtained a fancy book and a jewelry box. However, dark magicks lerk yet unseen nearby...
  • And what a plan it was... Torel the Deceiver! Torel the Mighty! But celebrate not, for the evil therein the manor of Aldari has yet to be driven out into swine and cleansed from the earth as is right and holy.

Once again Scott ran a great game. Every step felt like it might be the wrong one. I'm saddled with more conditions than I care to have and only 1 check to spend on hand. We hit 4th turn so I'm once again hungry/thirsty and used my last ration.

I have to say I've run Torchbearer enough times as a GM to know my rhythm as a GM, but as I player I have to say this game is very challenging. It's a waltz with death and I'm always worried I'll do the wrong move and mess up the dance. Still, as a player you have to fight through that and take risks. Easier said than done.

But we're inside the manor! The guardian has fallen! I feel very proud of our group. But that pride, I know, will only be eclipsed by doom next time we meet.
  • Still working on getting together a local game in NYC for anyone interested. We have a player and a GM on board. We're looking for two more people.

Potential schedule would be Thursday evenings, 7-11. Looking at weekly sessions but bi-weekly would be fine if that's too much of a commitment.

(Cross-posted with BW forums: http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/showthread.php?14067-Torchbearer-NYC&p=140906#post140906)
  • Apreche said:

Shaun said:

My group finished up Torchbearer for the moment, so I didn't have a pressing need for the decks. If they're at PAX East or Gen Con, then I'll probably pick up two decks then.

I'm running Skogenby at a meetup next week. I'm excited, but also I need to review the rules.
  • BWHQ is releasing playtest versions of levels 6-10 for select classes. Thus far we have the thief, ranger, adventurer, and cleric covered.

http://www.torchbearerrpg.com/?p=154
    http://www.torchbearerrpg.com/?p=166

We can also tell from the materials that there are new terms, which hopefully means new material around the corner—that's "front rank" in battle conflicts, as well as the terms "hero weapon" and "heroic" being thrown around ("heroic" at least meaning the near-equivalent of grey-shade in Burning Wheel).

Also, Might 8 is now achievable, but only for grief-stricken elves. Once again, elf wins.
  • edited January 2015
    okeefe said:
    Perfect.

Sergeant Major.
    World of Shit: Change or recover Nature descriptors to: "Barking Orders", "Fucking Shit Up" or "Make God Damn War"
    Post edited by pence on