This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Andrew said:

Fucking date formats, how do they work?
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • The Crystal stream literally just started!
  • AJDNNW has begun his journey.
  • Because it was inevitable...

• edited March 2014
    Someone posted these on Reddit. They're meant to be tokens for this card.

Also, the full lore of twitch plays pokemon so far:

Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Shots fired.
  • CEO Kaz Hirai is a parody account. Literally no shots fired.
  • Bah. Ruined my dream.
  • Neito said:

CEO Kaz Hirai is a parody account. Literally no shots fired.

I don't care whether it was or not. I still found it funny.
  • They've beaten Crystal in less than 10 days.
    Was it just an easier game or were there fewer trolls?
  • chaosof99 said:

They've beaten Crystal in less than 10 days.
    Was it just an easier game or were there fewer trolls?

Forced Democracy every hour and less people overall.
  • Crystal is done? Then what are they playing now? The Twitch stream still says they're playing Crystal.
  • "Done" in the sense that they completed the equivalent amount of content in Crystal that they completed in Red (8 badges + the Elite 4). What I want to see them do is get all the way through Mt. Silver in one piece and then beat Red - that'll be the major challenge if this run, I think.
  • If they fight Red, let's hope they fare better than Rusty.

http://www.dorkly.com/video/60197/pokemon-rusty-team-rocket-ride-along
  • When you said Rusty, I assumed this one:
  • Starfox said:

When you said Rusty, I assumed this one:

That is indeed my favorite Rusty, and he too did not fare well.
  • So is this thing dead as a meme now? The KYM article hasn't been updating with anything juicy regarding the Crystal stream.
  • I was going to watch the Crystal play, but they started the "Democracy kicks in every hour" thing and that killed it for me. I suspect the rest of the internet feels much the same, if they were even interested beyond the level of "holy crap can Twitch actually pull this off?"
  • It's certainly not at critical mass like it was a couple weeks ago, but still going strong with story, characters, and art. Where the Red stream was all about the Helix religion and messiahs and gods and kings, the Crystal stream has more of a humanist (or Pokeist), "PIERCE THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR LAZERS" sort of vibe going at this point. There are some great posts about it here and here.

Arts below:

The incredible fanart of Twitch Plays Pokemon Crystal

I never wanted to grow up

We are the bold

...Also holy shit, did not know a new Pokemon Rusty was out. /nyoooom
  • Fun times. Red totally does have TPP's team. Currently the stream has lost to him three times, and is trying to climb back up the mountain for #4. The last attempt actually got pretty close, from what I understand.

Also, there is now a one week time limit for them to beat Red before the stream starts up Pokemon Emerald. It looked like Democracy was abolished there for a while, too ,since the counter for it was replaced with the countdown to Emerald. But nope, system's still in place. Darn.
  • So I just learned that they got rid of Democracy mode.
    Thank Helix.
  • This isn't remarkable, but I just saw them fighting Zapdos like it was a normal thing. Maybe there are a lot of them in Crystal I'm not sure.
  • That was Red's Zapdos, and you very likely saw the final battle against him because YAY, THEY WON!

• edited March 2014
    Super Mario Land? The hell?
    Well, it seems Emerald is next, and that's neat.
    SIX DAYS, THOUGH?
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

EDIT: Does anyone have a final time code? When did this game end? I can't find it.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • edited March 2014
    Checked a video of the final battle, and it was at about 13d 2h 2m 55s.

EDIT: Interesting. This is what the streamer has to say about the format of the upcoming Emerald stream:

Post edited by Eryn on
  • Fuck pokemon and twitch, this is HN plays 2048!
    https://hnplays2048.herokuapp.com/
  • Democracy-free Emerald starts in less than an hour~
  • Already this is starting out well. At the very beginning, the game soft reset four times due to Select accidentally being enabled, meaning we went through picking and naming a character multiple times before settling on one. Because of this, people are interpreting the loss of these previous characters as murders, and are characterizing the new protagonist, A, as an anarchist serial killer (or at least someone who has given in to the madness of her situation). Feels like a more organic start to this game's lore than the beginnings of Crystal.

A for Anarchy

After starving her two dogs to death, A young girl moves to a new country for a fresh START

TPP's new heroine, A

We'll show them anarchy