This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Durarara!!

124»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    He was talking aboutbaka-tsukino doubt. There's little scanning though, just translating.
    Yeah, I realized I had lost the link. Shame about the lack of scans. It wouldn't be that hard to get a flatbed scanner and hack the spines off with a saw.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • It wouldn't be that hard to get a flatbed scanner and hack the spines off with a saw.
    No, you don't cut the spines. You just nuke the books in the microwave and it softens the binding glue. That's how you take apart manga.
  • No, you don't cut the spines. You just nuke the books in the microwave and it softens the binding glue. That's how you take apart manga.
    This, of course, only works on books that are bound with glue. If you have a book that is sewn together, a microwave will not unbind it.
  • I really, really, want one of those wrist cellphone holsters Celty has.
  • I really, really, want one of those wrist cellphone holsters Celty has.
    Couldn't it also be her shadow fabric/smoke? I mean, her clothing is made out of the stuff too.
  • First OVA episode is out on fansubs. Also, the german region's also got the DVDs (sub only) coming out. I'll be picking them up starting next month.
  • AWWW YEAAAHHHH!!!! DURARARA IS COMMING TO ADULT SWIM!!!! MUTHA FUCKIN WIN!!!!
  • Is terrified of them making weird English voices. Anyone know if they are any good?
  • I've spoken to a couple of the actors involved in the dubbing, and they are top notch on this one. One guy said that while Adult Swim was upset they couldn't put Baccano on (for obvious reasons) they are excited to compromise and put on Drrrrrp.

I expect it will be well done.
  • If only this could start in two weeks.
  • Apreche said:
    I really hope they resolve the plot threads this time around.
  • Hopefully they'll go deeper than the 3 and 4th volume, assuming the same pace. So much shit goes down after the anime's story arc.
  • Season 2 is out. Anybody watching?
  • I've been watching it as it comes out. It seems pretty slow so far, but from what I remember of the first season, it was pretty slow at the start, too.
  • Emily and I are slowly watching it. The first episode was a series of "oh, right, THAT guy!"
  • As with season one the show is slowly ramping up to the crazy stuff.
  • Haven't started watching yet as I was catching up on other stuff, but I did watch the first season again recently in preparation.
  • I never watched Durarara before. So, when I heard a new season was going to start I marathoned the first series and started the new one. It is a bit slower than the first one but it is still pretty interesting and entertaining.
  • The creator has a new series called 91 Days.