This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Did the Xbox360 beat the Wii?

edited October 2007 in Video Games
Looks like VGChartz just upgraded their charts and sales data.

So, does this mean the Xbox360 did not beat the Wii when Halo 3 came out?

Comments

• It did at the end of September because of the Halo 3 launch. It will probably go down again with the Holiday season which is probably all Nintendo again thanks to parents wanting a "healthy" video game system and Mario for the undecided people.
  • It did at the end of September because of the Halo 3 launch.
    Did it? According to VGChartz it did not. The closest it came was within 5K units for the week ending 10/01/07.
  • edited October 2007
    Well, according to the NPD group it did.
    http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17836

However, I am not sure if this is just the U.S. or worldwide. VGCharts certainly tracks worldwide sales, or at least in the above chart, which can be observed with the spike in PS3 sales during mid march, coinciding with the launch of the console in Europe. I wonder if we will see some more spikes for the XBox in the coming months. I think it has been released in Russia just recently.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Keep in mind that Nintendo warned of holiday shortages right about when Halo 3 came out. Coincidence?
  • edited October 2007
    The DS is still outselling all three next-gen consoles (US totals).

Post edited by Jason on
  • edited October 2007
    When I wrote my article this morning I added a chart of the DS sales too:

So as to avoid being labeled a forum spammer I am not including a link to the story but you can figure it out if you want to read it bad enough.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • What happened at the big spike in ps3 sales? was that the American launch?
  • What happened at the big spike in ps3 sales? was that the American launch?
    Euro launch.