This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pay-What-You-Want Graphic Novels

edited October 2007 in Manga/Comics
Never heard of this company, but the pay-what-you-want model is coming to graphic novels.

Link here.

Comments

• Makes sense. I doubt we will ever see well-known titles being sold like this, but it makes sense for indie comics.
  • It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it really works with comics. I could see it with a webcomic where you get it for free anyway on a site, but then offer a compiled version in a pdf or something on a pay what you want basis. Since its for free anyway, but then you are basically just paying for the convenience of not having to go to the site.
  • edited November 2007
    If I could pay what I want for graphic novels I would buy everything for one cent a piece.

Seriously though, this is a nice sounding idea but I doubt it will go on very long because there would be some people abusing the system. Unless its only for unpopular titles that no one would have brought to begin with. I mean someone must be willing to drop a dollar for The Humanoid.
    Post edited by Tripwire on