This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hockey

Comments

• I'll just roll over and die now.

Maybe Sweden can get revenge for us? Go Henrik!
  • What a game! Finland controlled most of the game but in the first half it still seemed pretty much a fair fight, then something just broke the US.

Also, first time ever I have seen mid-game penalty shots in a game at this level (olympics, world's).
  • So NHL trade deadline is tomorrow. Biggest news of the day is that Roberto Luongo has been traded back to the Panthers, the destination he wanted, ending a soap opera in Vancouver that has been going on for ages. He is also now a teammate of Tim Thomas, which is fun.

Also:
  • Haha! Am I too optimistic to vote this will push Tim Thomas out of the league?
  • The Retirement Home Rangers strike again, trading Ryan Callahan, a 1st rounder in 2015 and a 2nd rounder in 2014 (which will become a 1st rounder if they make the conference finals) for Martin St. Louis of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Now Martin St. Louis is a fantastic player, but he is 39 years old. Even fucking Selanne will retire eventually. And when will the Rangers learn not trade away their role player leadership for star players, often aging ones. Apparently they learned nothing from having traded Dubinsky for Nash, only to have to trade Gaborik for a bunch of role players not even a year later.
  • T_T I'll miss you Ryan.
  • Oh lol the Maple Leafs. They have lost 8 games in a row in regulation. That is not good if it's in March and you are trying to get a playoff spot. They have 6 games left and are 2 points out, with the teams ahead of them having at least 1 game in hand on them.
  • Bad Photoshop is bad, but whatevs. Attack on Chara!

Sunday went pretty well. Could have won. Fuck the shootout. Saturday will be interesting though. Blues and Blue Jackets in between.
  • Playoffs motherfuckers!

Also lol @ the Leafs. A truly Mets-esque collapse.
  • chaosof99 said:

Playoffs motherfuckers!

Also lol @ the Leafs. A truly Mets-esque collapse.

You don't want to go there. The Mets have won the World Series twice since the Leafs last won the cup.
  • edited April 2014
    Well, the Leafs have lost 11 of their last 14 games (with two more to go in the season). Pretty similar numbers to the Mets 2007 season in which they lost 12 of their last 17 games.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Fucking caps
  • The Union College Dutchmen won the NCAA national title against the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers yesterday in Philadelphia, beating them 7-4. It was the first national title for the Dutchmen. Defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere earned the MVP trophy for the Frozen Four tournament with a three point night (1 goal, 2 Assists) and a +7 rating. He was +11 in the two games in the Frozen Four tournament. This is interesting for a couple of reasons.

1) Gostisbehere was the most popular choice among the public voting portion for the Hobey Baker Award (basically the Heisman trophy for hockey), but was spurned from the Top 3 by the committee that has the final say on it. Ultimately the award would go to Johnny Gaudreau of Boston College, the team that was beaten by Gostisbehere and Union College to reach the finals.

2) Gostisbehere is from Florida, being born in Margate. His father is french canadian though.

3) Gostisbehere was drafted in the 3rd round in 2013 by the Philadelphia Flyers, which made him somewhat of the designated local hero/fan favorite for the Frozen Four.
  • YES! GTFO McPhee! You too Oates.
  • Suck it Philly. We gonna destroy all of Pennsylvania.
  • Freeway series, get! Quack, quack!

• Apreche said:

Suck it Philly. We gonna destroy all of Pennsylvania.

Says the fairweather fan.
  • chaosof99 said:

Apreche said:

I've been a Rangers fan since I was born. Same for all my teams, except RIT hockey.

• Apreche said:

chaosof99 said:

Apreche said:

I've been a Rangers fan since I was born. Same for all my teams, except RIT hockey.

Apreche said:

So the Rangers eh. Now allowed 20 goals in their first 4 games while scoring a total of 6 so far. And here I thought the Flyers sucked ass at the beginning of the season.
    Now ignoring all sports in favor of geekery this winter.
  • chaosof99 said:

Apreche said:

chaosof99 said:

Apreche said:

Apreche said:

So the Rangers eh. Now allowed 20 goals in their first 4 games while scoring a total of 6 so far. And here I thought the Flyers sucked ass at the beginning of the season.
    Now ignoring all sports in favor of geekery this winter.
    Now remembering every word someone types on the Internet and taking them all literally.
  • Here's something weird - walking back from getting a haircut, I discovered that there's an ice hockey equipment supplier right down the street from me. They do regular stuff as well as custom-made gear. Can't help but think there's not a huge market for it round these parts.
  • Really, if this was Hearthstone, we would just concede.
  • DAT Lundqvist.

DAT Crosby Sucks chant.
  • ICE HOCKEY
  • Habs got the third string goalie in. That's a tough spot to be in. I'm kinda rooting for the kid.

Kinda.
  • 5 goals in 1 period. Kings must have drugged the hawks to be that sloppy in third period.