This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2014

Because panel submissions close TODAY, it's time this thread existed. Also, I hope you all filed your taxes ;)

Comments

• I recently found a panel idea scribbled in my phone from the middle of the night some time, but I don't think I have time to flesh it out.
  • Did not file taxes. because PAXes. TurboTax tonight.
  • Yuyuke and I are focusing full-out on staffing this year, taking a break from panels.
  • Neito said:

Yuyuke and I are focusing full-out on staffing this year, taking a break from panels.

:D
  • Neito said:

Yuyuke and I are focusing full-out on staffing this year, taking a break from panels.

I am sad that you are not running panels, but I am overjoyed that you are running panels. ;^)

• Rym said:

Neito said:

I am sad that you are not running panels, but I am overjoyed that you are running panels. ;^)

Wasn't that your master plan all along for us to run panels?
  • Rym said:

Neito said:

It doesn't help that we're a bit burned out/out of ideas. Give us a year, and we'll come back swinging. :3
  • I'm pleased as well, people disappearing during their shifts to present panels last year was a bit of an issue for me.
  • I'm really trying to get more staff too. We have a big enough core of veterens that a bunch of new people will be very useful without destabilizing.
  • How do you think the new rules with badge comps is going to effect the panel turnout, or have you not really noticed a difference?
  • edited April 2014
    We also changed the floor plan, so we have fewer, but bigger, rooms. The veteran panelists have been grandfathered into the policy for the year, so they just need to keep presenting and they will always have a badge. The people it will primarily affect are first time, multi-panel panelists. But we also have a great deal of stand alone panels that wouldn't have received a badge under the old policy either. We will definitely be getting feedback at the end of this convention year.

Also, in case you haven't heard, Ellen McLain, the voice of GLaDOS, will be at ConnectiCon this year, along with her husband and fellow voice actor, John Patrick Lowrie. The cake IS NOT a lie!!!
    Post edited by eggs on
  • So when I can I expect to hear a yay/nay on my panel?
  • I've been powering through. Lots of good submissions. (Also lots of really bad ones).
  • edited April 2014
    Dropped the ball on this since I'm not sure if I can go this year. I probably can't. T_T
    Post edited by Viga on
  • The map is updated (finally)!!! Nice big panel rooms this year.
    http://connecticon.org/maps/
  • The new layout is pretty boss. Expect shorter lines, fewer turnaways!
  • Or huge lines we have no room to accommodate for a panel that starts in 2 hours. :P
  • That will be the problem of the Department of Line Management.

;^)

Give them a few years. The PAX LM team is pretty hardcore at this point.
  • Rym said:

That will be the problem of the Department of Line Management.

;^)

Rym said:

That will be the problem of the Department of Line Management.

;^)

I worked with them and have mastered the art of line. The queue room system should be mandatory for all locations.
  • Don't just tweet it everywhere (since this is just for our information: filling out the form doesn't make someone staff), but if you were staff last year and are going to staff again this year, please visit and fill out this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YMMjd8EFhbdBON6JBoC6G_zn43YE0zywvDtARQK17hM/viewform?usp=send_form

Better organization means I can sort out at-con schedules well in advance of teh con!
  • Please share the link with anyone you know was staff who isn't paying attention to the places I may put this. ;^)

If you're a deputy/manager/whatever, please fill the form out regardless. It's good to have everyone's contact info in one place for emergencies.
  • You can guess that Laura and I can't staff this year but would be possibly interested next year.
  • Of course. ^_^

Also, if anyone from the Zenkaikon staff want to work with us, they'll pretty-much get in by default as long as one of you two vouch for them.
  • edited May 2014
    Update: The ConnectiCon website is currently down. I was getting an error message when I was trying to accept/reject panels, and then nothing.

I don't know what happened, but I somehow feel responsible...

In related news, we should be having the most guest panels ever. Yay! However, this means significantly fewer attendee submitted panels. It has taken this long to accept most panels so that consideration could be given to each and every one. Except Homestuck panels. :D
    Post edited by eggs on
  • I'm glad that Homestuck panels here have the exact same amount of respect that Cards Against Humanity does in TableTop at PAX, which is to say none at all.
  • Jordan O. said:

I'm glad that Homestuck panels here have the exact same amount of respect that Cards Against Humanity does in TableTop at PAX, which is to say none at all.

CAH gets more respect than Munchkin. The same way Hetalia gets a least a little bit more respect than Homestuck.
  • I give CAH some respect.

On one hand, I have some great memories of time spent playing their game, and the company does some pretty cool stuff. On the other hand, I find Max Temkin unbearable and fake. The arrogance act gets really old after a while.
  • Matt said:

I give CAH some respect.

On one hand, I have some great memories of time spent playing their game, and the company does some pretty cool stuff. On the other hand, I find Max Temkin unbearable and fake. The arrogance act gets really old after a while.

I find CAH's antics amusing. Also, this was very cool:

• If you're interested, there will be a celebrity game of CAH panel Saturday night, hosted by TeamFourStar. We will be auctioning off a spot in the game for charity at the auction Saturday afternoon.

Also, if you are new/returning staff that has not filled out the form, please do it by Friday. I have my own deadline to meet for turning in my list of staff for that need hotel space.