This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Yeah Me!

edited October 2007 in Everything Else
I've been playing this Internet rookie stock trading game for a few weeks now (best gainer of the week wins $1K) and I just lucked out. A stock I had been holding for a few days (gold stock) was up high and I bailed on it. Within ten minutes of bailing it dropped hard. I made about $3K in fake money off the deal and would have lost about $6K if I held on.

Now I have to decide whether or not to buy back in after such a big drop. (I just want the $1 weekly prize) that's why I'm going heavy on Charter stock. They tanked last week because of the CA wildfires but I know they will go back up soon enough ;)

Comments

• Maybe not... That Gold stock just gained back all the points it lost... If it had stayed low I would have pruchased it but the game has a twenty minute delay built into it.
  • I heard of this back in high school. They used it to teach students about stocks. My friend was super into it then, but I never tried it. I wish I had the class though. The guy who was teaching it was an awesome teacher.
  • The site is not so bad but you have to hold everything for an hour which can really screw you if you type a stock symbol in wrong.