This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2015

Hotel room blocks are available for ConnectiCon 2015!

Hartford Marriott Downtown @ $155/night - https://resweb.passkey.com/go/ctcon15

Hartford Hilton @ $139/night - http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/H/HFDHHHF-CTC-20150709/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Comments

• Fuck yeah!

We're going to schedule panels in an ongoing basis, so stay tuned for opened submissions for 2015 as well. ;^)
  • hmmmm...Definitely going to try and go to this, but it's definitely hard to plan THIS far in advance for the next year at this time....
  • Do we have hard dates?
  • HMTKSteve said:

Do we have hard dates?

It says July 9-12 right there on the hotel site.
  • Apreche said:

HMTKSteve said:

Do we have hard dates?

It says July 9-12 right there on the hotel site.
    You expect us to just blindly click a link for answers!?!?!
  • I'll be there, behind that counter, for the rest of time.

I just can't do CTCon without working anymore. It's too exciting.
  • edited July 2014
    At least we can plan for it now rather than wait ing for later. My streaming contact is itching to do his thing and is waiting for the call to arms.
    Neito said:

I just can't do CTCon without working anymore. It's too exciting.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Already booked a room for 2015 since the last two times having to drive back every night late was not cool. Especially not from the AC. Looking forward to staying on site!

I've got two goals for next July: to lose about a hundred pounds, and to complete a truly elaborate and difficult cosplay (not least because very few attempt it so tutorials basically don't exist.) This'll be cool.
  • Maybe I'll come over next year. It seems there might not be a European Juggling Convention on 2015, so it might even fit in my schedule. Who will pay for my flights?;)
  • Y'all better get ready for my super awesome 18+ Andrew Jackson panel.
  • Maybe I'll come over next year. It seems there might not be a European Juggling Convention on 2015, so it might even fit in my schedule. Who will pay for my flights?;)

If you perform at the convention, we can probably convince them to give you some amount of moneys, though the number will probably be lower than what you want to hear.
  • Apreche said:

Maybe I'll come over next year. It seems there might not be a European Juggling Convention on 2015, so it might even fit in my schedule. Who will pay for my flights?;)

If you perform at the convention, we can probably convince them to give you some amount of moneys, though the number will probably be lower than what you want to hear.
    Can you put together a Pokemon Trainer cosplay and paint your juggling balls to look like pokeballs?
  • I would just put him in main events to do one of his regular juggling shows for the crowd, both as its own event and as the leadup to one of the big con events in there. No reason to "nerd" theme anything.
  • I'll keep this in mind!
  • edited July 2014
    So why are blocks set up for Thursday night? Is there anything except Nerd Prom on Thursday? Is this pretty much just for the more geographically distant who want to set up in town a day ahead of time? I only scheduled Fri and Sat night but now I'm wondering if I should extend that, in my case because I'm planning an elaborate cosplay and if there's early registration and if I can get a room for all of Friday instead of having to potentially wait for the 4pm check-in....

...wait, is there early registration?
    Thursday: 6pm-10pm (Thursday is ONLY for pre-registered All-Weekend and Friday Only attendees to pick up their badges in advance. There will be a separate line during the convention for people who pre-registered. It is generally faster than registering on-site.)
    Ah.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • I still vote on opening up Thursday to be "Free Preview" day in which panels can be showcase for those who DONT want to wait in line for one.
  • There were several panels on Thursday this year. There will be panels on Thursday in 2015.
  • Like more panels or about the same?
  • Probably the same number of panels on Thursday.
  • I think it's a good idea, but I don't think it's going to be as popular as "Line: The Waiting".

Could we work on a way to entertain the line? Projecting the live tweets like the dance or a slide show/AVMs or show the CATAPULT stuff or We could get the Cosplay karaoke dude to do his thing.
  • We're talking about a Department of Line Entertainment like PAX has. Maybe a subset of Line Ops.
  • edited July 2014
    Oh, we need to address the policy of lines not forming until 30 minutes before X. We were bending those rules a lot during the con, we should probably strike that policy all together.

EDIT: noted it in the google doc
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • That policy was seriously pissing off a lot of con-goers in 2013 who felt penalized for arriving early. If they're not obstructing the halls or doors what does it matter? In 2013 panels filled up fast and being chased out of line, then missing the occupancy limit was pretty grating.

Granted, I've got no idea how things went this past con.

If there's a really good reason for that line policy it should probably be posted on the panel doors so it won't seem arbitrary.
  • There's nowhere to line people up. If more than one line forms in a hall, we're basically forced by the fire marshal to disperse all but one regardless.

We're not allowed to use tape anywhere on the floor to make lineup areas.

This year, we mostly resolved it by having fewer, bigger rooms. Other than fan panels in the smallest rooms Cityside, almost NONE of the events that people super lined up for filled. Anyone who wanted to see pretty-much any large panel got in.

There is sadly literally no good solution with the space we have.
  • That's understandable and probably too complex to communicate with signage. That's a bummer. :-(

I was gonna suggest handing out tickets first come first serve x minutes before a panel at the end of the hall (one had a table in 2013) but I can already think of a few issues with that, too.
  • edited July 2014
    I will be watching this thread to see when panel submissions open as I plan to submit my greatest hits from the SoCal convention circuit.
    Edit: Oh, looks like Conneticon is only days after Anime Expo. Looks like back to back performances with a flight in between (assuming panels get accepted, of course).
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I will be watching this thread to see when panel submissions open as I plan to submit my greatest hits from the SoCal convention circuit.

Waaaah? You gonna come over here for CTcon?
  • Yeah, well, I've been paneling 2-4 times a year (3-6 hours each time) around LA for the last few years and it's gotten to the point where I'm starting to retire panels (MLP: Sound is Magic, this year) just because I've done them so many times. But I really like all my panels so I've been wanting to expand out of the area. Conneticon would give me the chance to see a bunch of you guys and then it's just a quick drive to visit old family and friends. I might submit panels to Anime Boston as well (which is earlier in the year, if I recall).
  • If you submit panels to ConnectiCon, I will definitely accept them. I'm sure Lou will do the same over at AB.
  • Thanks Rym, I appreciate your vote of confidence. :)