This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tigris and Euphrates

Can someone please tell me how to play? I tried to play an online game and thought that I could just figure it out, but I'm not to sure about all of the rules. I tryed looking for the rules but I couldn't find anything good. Sorry if I'm such a noob. lol.

Comments

• Go here. Then scroll down the page to the Files section. In that section you will find all the rules and more.

If anyone ever needs to learn the rules to a board game you do not own, just search on boardgamegeek.com. If a game is popular, you are almost guaranteed to find the rules there.
  • Thank you. It is really appreciated.
  • Here are the rules, as posted on GTO.
  • edited April 2008
    Here is a review of Tigris and Euphrates in ten parts. Having been recorded in 2000, it's rather old. It's still very interesting on account of Reiner Knizia himself, the game's designer, giving the explanations for this great board game. Up to part 6 it's an overview of the rules, after that they talk about the design process of this game in particular, games in general, and things to come in the "future", e.g. the Lord of the Rings game.

Post edited by tektonick on
  • Scott taught a session, and we streamed both the teaching and the resulting play session!

• Well you guys are certainly putting your energy in the right places to gain popularity among the board gaming internet. Good luck.
  • edited July 2014
    More content like this would be really cool. I'll drop it on reddit for you for an incentive.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Two things helped.

1. Scott's new camera and lens.
    2. Our general pipeline is fucking locked down perfection.
  • I'm going to have to rewatch this and see if my analysis after the game holds up. My biggest mistakes were starting unnecessary conflicts, and failing to play to my hand (something I also managed in the previous game of Race). I also made poor opening moves but I kind of expect that in my first game.
  • The camera is pretty great as was Emily's 'extended dream' interlude.

I was confused with low tile number red aggression moves.
  • sK0pe said:

The camera is pretty great as was Emily's 'extended dream' interlude.

That wasn't Emily. ;^)
    sK0pe said:

I was confused with low tile number red aggression moves.

Newb players.
  • Is that Scott from "Netrunner with Scott"?
  • T&E with Scott.
  • Is that Scott from Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott?
  • No, that's Scott from Scotch with Scott. Not to be mistaken for Scott from Hopscotch with Scott.
  • "I haven't played this game with people who've never played this before but are otherwise very good at board games." -Rym

I doth recall two games played at PAX '11. I lost the first game because it was my first game of T&E in several years. Second game? FTW.

That was also the year Scott didn't give me a bean that would have given me a second of the 8 of a kind bean, instead burning his single 4 of a kind bean. Later that game, I gave Scott a third of the 7 of a kind bean and I ended up beating him anyway.

/flex

My brain operates oddly but you can't say it is ineffective.
  • Now I own this game... first play last night with three players ended 10, 9, 8. It is an excellent game.
  • Sweet.

I've been wanting to try T&E for a while and this finally put me over the edge.

Just downloaded the digital and will throw down on it next time we have a game day at my friend's office (they've got a copy on the shelves).

But this video actually taught me T&E quite effectively it seems. Would like to see more of these teach and play vids!

Anyway, Pence, next time you're in the city, hit me up dude. Always up for a lil' competition. XD
  • I ended up grabbing the android version of this and am having way more fun than usual even though it is AI, I will see if the board game is in the games library at University (likely).
  • GroverBomb: Next time I'm in the city, we should arrange a game with Rym and Scott. :P
  • Challenge me on GameCenter! I already challenged @pence, but he hasn't taken his turn.
  • Done - it's on.
  • If I'm playing slow, it's because the app seems to crash constantly in async multiplayer for me. Google wisdom appears to be a reinstall, but I'll wait until the end of this game.
  • pence said:

If I'm playing slow, it's because the app seems to crash constantly in async multiplayer for me. Google wisdom appears to be a reinstall, but I'll wait until the end of this game.

Works perfectly for me.
  • Apreche said:

pence said:

If I'm playing slow, it's because the app seems to crash constantly in async multiplayer for me. Google wisdom appears to be a reinstall, but I'll wait until the end of this game.

Works perfectly for me.
    GG
  • Yeah, losing that external conflict in black wasn't part of the plan.
  • Neither was letting you get 1 point every turn...
  • At least finish your last turn so I can post a screenshot.