This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

You know what really grinds my gears?

edited August 2014 in Flamewars
I could have posted this in fail of your day, but fail of your day is really broad and I decided we should have a seperation for things that bug us.
What grinds my gears at the moment is that Facebook puts things on your timeline when a friend comments on them but doesn't seem to have a link to their specific comment. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Post edited by Pegu on

Comments

• Pegu said:

I could have posted this in fail of your day, but fail of your day is really broad and I decided we should have a seperation for things that bug us.
    What grinds my gears at the moment is that Facebook puts things on your timeline when a friend comments on them but doesn't seem to have a link to their specific comment. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No I know!

They also don't link to the source of a lot of media that is not from youtube or vimeo.
  • racial inequality kind of bugs me.
  • racial inequality kind of bugs me.

How profound.

Sleeping. Having to sleep ever grinds my gears. I could be using that time for not-sleeping!
  • Nothing grinds my gears.
  • Sand.

Sand is so motherfucking hard to get out of a gear cassette/chain/derailleur on a bike. Basically have to degrease and regrease the whole fucking thing.
  • You know what really grinds my gears?

Being shifted without a clutch.
  • Games that don't "unlock" their hard mode until you beat their easy mode.
  • People who are needless sticklers for policy when it is clearly impeding another, more important goal.

People who flagrantly disregard policy because it does not suit their particular whim.
  • Ahh government work.
  • People who want to keep WinXP around.
  • PMs who give varied information, apparently don't have a requirements spec, and just say yes to features that may or may not be what the customer wants.

I need to work somewhere else but also not be lazy and just say that I want to work somewhere else and do it.
  • Rym said:

Games that don't "unlock" their hard mode until you beat their easy mode.

I accept that in something like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry where the higher difficulty is balanced around you having all or most upgrades, weapons and other NG+ things.

Having to play single player campaign to unlock things for multiplayer, now that's bullshit.

• The entire basic card unlock mechanic in Hearthstone.
  • Neito said:

The entire basic card unlock mechanic in Hearthstone.

All games ever where not all competitors are on a level playing field.
  • Inefficiency in delivery systems - or at least perceived inefficiency, anyway. Quite often the packages I order from Amazon, Newegg, or other online retailers will get sent from warehouses in TN or KY up to a UPS shipping hub in the Chicagoland area before being transported back south via truck to the central IL hub that's about half an hour away from where I work (where I have my packages delivered). I'm assuming that first leg is a flight, then the rest is via truck, but it still annoys me that what I ordered has to over-shoot and then come back south instead of just going via ground shipment from the larger hub up to the smaller distribution center.

Of course, this is all precipitated by the fact that I was supposed to get a package today from Amazon and apparently it didn't get put on the truck like it was supposed to be (despite being shown as out for delivery). It'd better turn up tomorrow, or I'm filing a claim on that puppy.
  • Rym said:

Sand.

Sand is so motherfucking hard to get out of a gear cassette/chain/derailleur on a bike. Basically have to degrease and regrease the whole fucking thing.

It's also the worst thing about the beach. I'd go to beaches far more often if it weren't for sand. The stuff in the sun is too hot to stand on and the sand underwater will get stuck EVERYWHERE and coat your trunks.
  • edited August 2014
    Facebook Messenger appears to be on the google+ scale of things shoved down people's throats.

Another thing I hate: the USB superposition.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Usb 3.1 should fix that.
  • VirtualBox trashing my VM (again) due to the hard disk it's on filling up.
  • Pegu said:

Facebook Messenger appears to be on the google+ scale of things shoved down people's throats.

Another thing I hate: the USB superposition.

• This SJW/Anti-SJW nonsense is getting on my nerves. I just need to stop going on Twitter I think.
  • There is an easy solution to your Twitter woes. Unfollow all them peeps.
  • edited August 2014
    That's most of the people I follow so I might as well just not use Twitter. Generally I enjoy what those people post but unfortunately they get invested as much as the anti-SJW people and it gets annoying.

Somewhat unrelated but last time a SJW argument came up I posted something on Giant Bomb forums about a theoretical filter that would make invisible any garbage argument about "hotly debated topics" and some guy was arguing that he thought that was a terrible idea because you wouldn't know what people were talking about. Mother fucker that's the whole point.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I don't know what SJW means. Does that mean I win at the internet?
  • It usually stands for Social Justice Warrior, used primarily for people who get angry about social justice issues and then get into more-progressive-than-thou pissing matches on tumblr.

I guess you're one of today's lucky 10,000. Congratulations?
  • Remember when Social Justice Warriors just meant paladins that were very popular at parties?
  • I never got invited to those parties. Those hollier than thou ass-butts.
  • People who don't understand basic word processing.
  • People who post their name at the end of a forum post. I can see your name fucker why do you need to sign it! Its not a letter, your not sending me a fucking pigeon or a scroll its a post of a forum fuck nuts.

Also coffee snobs who don't understand coffee.