This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• I have a lead on a space, we'll see how it goes.

If it doesn't work out, want to do our own thing? We can call it Freezing Con. We'll get together 1-2 tables worth of gamers and do the same thing. Everyone brings a scenario and we roll some dice for two days.
  • I am down for this.
  • As with all gatherings of gamers within easy travel distance for me, I am potentially down.
  • Since I was already planning on going, I'm almost certainly in.
  • I missed last years. I was hoping not to miss this one...
  • Too real.

If Freezing Con is on, and not occurring the weekends of October 11'th and 26th: I'm in. And if it's literally 2 tables (like 10 people total) I can host in our conference rooms in Dumbo... Or we can crash The Uncommons for $5.00 a head. Haha.
  • Too real.

If Freezing Con is on, and not occurring the weekends of October 11'th and 26th: I'm in. And if it's literally 2 tables (like 10 people total) I can host in our conference rooms in Dumbo... Or we can crash The Uncommons for $5.00 a head. Haha.

I have other places in mind, but free conference rooms might be superior. I'll handle it after PAX.
  • I'd been using my Burning Con visits as my vacation and staying for a whole week. I'd pretty much told my boss that I'd take a week off in October but I'd confirm exact dates later.

I should probably go on a singles holiday somewhere instead.

• I should probably go on a singles holiday somewhere instead.

Why not MAGFest?
  • Coldguy said:

Why not MAGFest?
    Why not PAX?
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Why not MAGFest?
    Why not PAX?
    Technically you can do both this year.
  • It's not ideal for an all-day hangout, but don't forget that you can rent free rooms in libraries. When I was doing more media stuff and would have to come in to interview people, MTV was incredibly unreliable w/ room reservations and building access for guests, so I would just rent a conference room at the Science, Industry, and Business Library on 34th. They'd hand over the keys to this big ass conference room in the back w/ no windows, and just say "lock the door on your way out." Best of all it was free, easy online reservation, and I didn't even need to be a member of the library.
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Why not MAGFest?
    Why not PAX?
    Because I didn't win your ticket. :p
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Why not MAGFest?
    Why not PAX?
    Because I didn't win your ticket. :p
    It's still possible to buy one, or PAX East.
  • I'll be at PAX AUS in Australia in October. ;^)
  • Fucker
  • Rym said:

I'll be at PAX AUS in Australia in October. ;^)

Matt said:

Fucker

I'm sorry to hear you can't be down, I'm genuinely excited for pretty much anyone on the forum to come down to PAX Aus. Maybe next year?

• Burning Con '14: The Null-agon.
  • Churba said:

I'm sorry to hear you can't be down, I'm genuinely excited for pretty much anyone on the forum to come down to PAX Aus. Maybe next year?

I will never rule out a chance to attend a PAX until the last possible second, when reality sets in. One of these days, I'll pull off an AUS trip, just don't know if it's next year or 5 years from now.

• Hey, the last possible second hasn't passed yet ^_~
  • The wheel still burns... we restarted our RPG night to play 5e and now we're planning BW for the next game.

Make Freezing Con happen so I have an excuse to drive up to the city and play Burning Wheel. :P
  • It's all Scott until I get back from PAX AUS.
  • I talked to people I know at the NYU Game Center, who have mad tables. I'm going to put them in contact with Luke for possibilities of Burning Con next year.

As for freezing con this year, my schedule is open almost every weekend right after this weekend finishes. The problem is choosing/finding a space and the right number of people on such short notice. Here are the options as of right now:

game stores - 20sided will definitely welcome a couple of RPG tables

shady deli where we play Netrunner - lots of space, sometimes loud, public, shady. There is a Pathfinder group that meets there occasionally.

our apartments - can at most support one table of people each. My table is a coffee table, and wont' really work well.
  • I am down for this weekend, but then not weekend of 26th, and then after that I'm game until the sun implodes.

Will watch this space.
  • I pinged the friends I usually crash with about the next three weekends. After that is probably too close to JiffyCon for me to come down.

What's next? Should we put up a doodle poll or something to pick a weekend? Is it just going to be me, Apreche, pence, and GroverBomb?
  • Well, I know three more people who would definitely be down. It just depends on what the scope is here.

I'll wait and see what you guys think (re: inviting people and how big this can be, and when it should be) before I reach out.
  • This is the problem we have now. There's no venue or date, and a lot of people who will probably show up if asked. Also a lot of people we want to ask (basically all of Burning Con). FIrst we need a place and a date. Then we'll know the number of seats. Then we have to be huge jerks and prioritize who we want to invite to fill those seats one at a time until they are full.
  • Sounds good.

Like I said before, I can offer three tables here in Dumbo, each in separate rooms. So that's another possible location on the list. Will stand by.
  • Has anyone looked at this new spot in Brooklyn?. They're primarily a 40K place, but looks like they are open to other games. Not sure how many tables they've got, but it's worth looking into.
  • Matt said:

Has anyone looked at this new spot in Brooklyn?. They're primarily a 40K place, but looks like they are open to other games. Not sure how many tables they've got, but it's worth looking into.

Mini tables are less than ideal for RPGs.