This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sailor Moon returns to the U.S.

Comments

• And Zeus is the father.
  • Y'all are gonna make me start torrenting instead of just watchin' on Hulu. :P

And then I'm gonna have to deal with how much of a pain in the ass it is to stream anything to the XBOX One which is now my only credible STB. :P
  • I like that Hulu is forcing me to re-watch the series one or two episodes a week. I'm enjoying the filler episodes a lot more this time around. I think I skipped some episodes on my first watch since i was so desperate to find out what happened in the story. I'm realizing i missed out on some funny stuff :)
  • I also like only seeing two episodes a week, but now I'm all backed up '~'
  • I just want my daughter to see R & S and realize that Sailor Moon doesn't stay totally hokey and actually gets kinda interesting.

I mean, OK, original Sailor Moon is good as long as you properly contextualize it to era, but R & S are where it takes off as a show. I feel like we're never gonna get there.
  • Finally finished Sailor Moon R. The second half was pretty good compared to the first and kept me hooked throughout.

I'm watching the movie right now. Sailor Moon with a budget is pretty great; better animation really enhances their comic timing and action scenes.
  • I always forget if it's the one with the snow queen or the one with the candy boat. Knowing the difference can save 90 minutes.
  • I'm a couple episodes into S and yeah, this is when this shit gets real isn't it? Like... it just went from "Man, I really like this show" to "Man, I can see why everyone likes this show."
  • The density of visual gags in this season is dangerous. It's getting difficult to resist pausing the video to make gifs of everything.

• Follow your urges, they can only result in adding beauty to the world.
  • So following Sailor Moon's first onscreen suicide I think I'm going to take a short break from children's television to watch something more life affirming.

Like Commando.
  • edited September 2014

So following Sailor Moon's first onscreen suicide I think I'm going to take a short break from children's television to watch something more life affirming.

Like Commando.

I recommend the two Expendables movies back to back.

Though to be fair, that's pretty universal advice.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Sailor Moon commits suicide (sometimes in a kamikaze fashion) almost as a trope...
  • edited September 2014
    Rym said:

Sailor Moon commits suicide (sometimes in a kamikaze fashion) almost as a trope...

Eh, heroic sacrifices to save all your friends is one thing.

A character putting a rifle to her chest and pulling the trigger is quite another.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited September 2014
    Beep doublepost.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • A character putting a rifle to her chest and pulling the trigger is quite another.

One of my favorite scenes ;) Also, let me think....hmm...yeah, there is darker stuff later if my memory is correct.
  • Sailor Saturn's main power is that she can strike the Earth with her scythe.

This kills everyone. Everything.
  • Rym said:

Sailor Saturn's main power is that she can strike the Earth with her scythe.

This kills everyone. Everything.

"Oops, butterfingers!"

• I was always under the impression that Saturn's power was narcolepsy.
  • ThatGent said:

I was always under the impression that Saturn's power was narcolepsy.

I thought her power was putting up with Chibiusa.

• Nuri said:

I thought her power was putting up with Chibiusa.

• I'm actually really surprised by how non-irritating Chibiusa is, especially in S where she became the vehicle for some of the best gags in the entire show.

Every instance of Pink Sugar Heart Attack has lead to me pausing the video so I can finish laughing.
  • Chibi Usa gets kind of badass in SuperS.

Of course, she's dating the horse at the time.

Also, she's still hot for her dad.
  • Is anybody not hot for Mamoru? At least, when he's not wearing frigging sweatpants?
  • Is anybody not hot for Mamoru? At least, when he's not wearing frigging sweatpants?

Haruka.

/probably the only one

• Speaking of people not hot for people, I have to admit I found it funny that after like four episodes of every Sailor Scout falling madly in love with Haruka, they basically dedicated an episode to showing us that Ami could come into direct contact with both of them and remain immune, thus advancing my theory that Ami is either a robot or, even weirder, straight.
  • Ami has a whole separate special dedicated to her crushing on some random boy. Ami-chan no Hatsukoi.
  • Finished S and the S movie. Best season so far. Can't stop now. Going directly into SuperS.

It's unicorns as fuck up in here.
  • There's a scene somewhere in the first season where Usagi collides with Mamoru and her satchel goes flying up in the air, cartoon style. So I've been annoying the piss out of my daughter singing "I throw my schoolbag in the air sometimes, singing 'Ey-Oh, Taka-shay-dooo'". Really the only funny part is her annoyed/embarrassed-for-me reaction. It's great.