This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• I have no problem with that. I think Kaepernicking is beyond worse than the Superman shtick.
  • Oh yes he's intolerable.
  • edited August 2014
    Michael Sam cut by the Rams.

This is my shocked face.

:-|

http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/discussion/comment/489575#Comment_489575
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • edited September 2014
    @Dromaro‌

It's been said by many pundits that GB is a good SB contender. They need to fix up their defense and the injuries on O-line didn't help.

As for the Hawks, no more Earl Thomas doing punt returns. It was a bad idea from the start. Very excited about the offense this year. I look forward to seeing these threats vs. other teams.

My call for the championships: Saints vs. Seahawks. Home field advantage wins. AFC: more than likely Broncos or Patriots, however Steelers look to be good. I wouldn't mind a Steelers v. Seahawks Super Bowl.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I don't have ESPN. I will need to get that Direct TV online package soon to get my Monday Night Football fix.

Yesterday was good. So happy that the Saints lost to the Falcons. I watched Hard Knocks and the Falcons hold a special place in my heart to root for them in the NFC South.
  • Rochelle said:

I don't have ESPN. I will need to get that Direct TV online package soon to get my Monday Night Football fix.

Yesterday was good. So happy that the Saints lost to the Falcons. I watched Hard Knocks and the Falcons hold a special place in my heart to root for them in the NFC South.

Illegal stream FTW.

G-men are actually favored to win for some reason. NOT GOOD.
  • I still have the illegal stream links. I just don't like using them as much. I'm more interested in the Cardinals game to see how they are fairing.
  • All I know is that I got to play in an X-Wing tournament, and the store had a 52" TV on the wall w/ football on, so I got to watch my Dolphins pull out an unexpected win over crybaby Brady. Then came in 2nd in the tournament. Woot woot good day.
  • Find someone who has like DirectTV or something, download ESPN app on device or console. Log in with their info.
  • I now live approximately 1000 feet from the FSU stadium. Hearing every cheer from a distance is actually scary as shit. 8D
  • THANK YOU BASED RODGERS

• I got 9 points from two giants players. Thanks a lot New York.
  • Eagles: 27
    Giants: NOTHING!
  • Sure has been quiet from Seattle since ye olde Cowboyes won.
  • Trying not to think about it. It was a tough game. Dallas performed very well, Seattle (mainly offense) did not. A lot of concern, but at the same time I believe Coach Carroll will make adjustments.

I guess Dallas is legit? Who knows. Quite possibly.

As a Seattle fan, I was not happy with the play calling Bevell was making. The jet sweeps to Harvin wasn't working. I feel it may be better if they went for more slant route passing then the deep throw and FEED THE BEAST. Also receivers, catch the ball. D:

A lot of subpar performances, except from special teams. I just hope some key players will stay healthy.
  • Rochelle said:

I guess Dallas is legit? Who knows. Quite possibly.

It does seem that way, doesn't it? If Scott still wants to hold out hope, consider the following scenario:

Dez or DeMarco Murray go down for any length of time. The defense begins to revert to the mean (they are who we thought they were). Suddenly there's pressure on Romo to produce wins by himself. Hello, crippling 4th-quarter interceptions. 3-7 over the rest of their games and they're right back at 8-8 where they belong. That's easily within reach for Romo.
  • So apparently Dan Reeves is a regular at my neighborhood bagel shop. He was hanging out with the old guys who sit out front of the shop and heckle.
  • Get him to share the secret football knowledges. How are the Cowboys doing so well?
  • Starfox said:

Get him to share the secret football knowledges. How are the Cowboys doing so well?

They're the only team running the ball successfully. As to how they are managing that? I have no idea, and neither does any other team.
  • That fake punt by the Rams against the Seahawks yesterday, wow that was a gutsy call
  • Don't remind me. Special teams made Seahawks look mediocre.
  • Haha, Ro is now learning what it's like to be a Giants fan. Your team just fucking won recently, why do they suck? Oh, they always give you some glimmer of hope, and so good on paper, but no. They just fail. And then randomly they win again! O M G! And then because they just won, your hopes and expectations are way too high for the next decade of suffering.

These are the sports feelings I have had every conscious year of my life other than 1986 and 1994. Get used to them.
  • Apreche said:

Haha, Ro is now learning what it's like to be a Giants fan. Your team just fucking won recently, why do they suck? Oh, they always give you some glimmer of hope, and so good on paper, but no. They just fail. And then randomly they win again! O M G! And then because they just won, your hopes and expectations are way too high for the next decade of suffering.

These are the sports feelings I have had every conscious year of my life other than 1986 and 1994. Get used to them.

It's better than the usual feeling of being a Red Sox fan. I know we've won a few times recently, but I still need my Metsoloft every... Most Octobers.

We're not talking about this year. It never happened.

• I would feel a lot better about the Dolphins being 5-3 if 11 out of 16 AFC teams weren't also over .500! Is the majority of the NFC (plus the Jets and Oakland) that bad?
  • Matt said:

I would feel a lot better about the Dolphins being 5-3 if 11 out of 16 AFC teams weren't also over .500! Is the majority of the NFC (plus the Jets and Oakland) that bad?

It's very strange indeed. In baseball the two leagues are actually different, so it makes sense when the AL is stronger than the NL overall. Even if the NL wins the World Series, it doesn't say anything about the overall strength of either half. That one really good team is an outlier.

But in the NBA the West is just better. In the NHL the West is just better. In the NFL, it alternates, but usually the AFC or NFC is just better than the other half. With all the rules of the game and other things being equal, and half the teams being on each side, why does a strong imbalance exist in most years? Wouldn't most years they be relatively even, and years where one half is much stronger be less common?
  • Matt said:

I would feel a lot better about the Dolphins being 5-3 if 11 out of 16 AFC teams weren't also over .500! Is the majority of the NFC (plus the Jets and Oakland) that bad?

I don't think so. To date, the inter-conference record is 18-18-1. I hypothesize the AFC has a wider distribution than NFC. The Jags and Raiders are feeding wins to the better AFC teams more often than NFC.
  • Starfox said:

Matt said:

I don't think so. To date, the inter-conference record is 18-18-1. I hypothesize the AFC has a wider distribution than NFC. The Jags and Raiders are feeding wins to the better AFC teams more often than NFC.
    Aha! And now we see the truth. A few shitty teams in one conference are going to give all the decent teams better records making the whole conference seem stronger, when in reality it just has a few more shitty teams in it. There aren't enough games in the NFL season to average it out, like other sports. A team with a worse record from the other conference might actually be way better in the end. Perhaps when evaluating teams we should subtract out wins against garbage teams to see the truth.
  • There's buttloads of statistical analysis on this sort of thing. Football Outsiders has a lot of statistics on everything you could want.

If you just want to read more journalisty articles about it, FiveThirtyEight often runs pieces on the NFL which are quite good (esp. Benjamin Morris'). I believe Grantland's Bill Barnwell also does some of the same occasionally.