This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Games

Comments

• I had the same few "aha" moments with Threes, that got my scores into the mid-7000s, at which point I'm also not sure how much you can influence with skill to get higher. The only thing I can think of is if you're so smart you know when to ditch the "push it all into a corner" strategy in order to get some awesome combos, and then still be able to recover it all and get back on track. Not sure if this is entirely possible.

I'm thinking that aside from which slot your 1s and 2s show up (sometimes with unexpected separation) the big luck here is when a white piece comes in. You have NO CLUE what number it's gonna be. Could be a 3. Could be a fucking 48. I've seen it all, and it can really screw you by getting into a checkerboard pattern.
  • The dreaded checkerboard of whites has fucked me over to many times. 12s especially hate getting orthogonal.
  • Decided to check out Threes after you guys mentioned it. I dig it.
  • I lost another hour to Threes after thinking I was done with it. Set several new high scores, the highest being ~9,900. Sooooo close to getting the 729 piece.
  • In light of everyone flapping the birds, and as someone who is considering finally getting a 3DS, I found this pretty interesting.
  • He is correct that a legit game on the 3DS leaves you much more satisfied, while the typical (read: not all) mobile game leaves you feeling hollow inside if you play it as more than a 5-minute time waster. Jeez the guy takes a long time to get to this point, though. I'm glad he came around to a good point, because I was about to yell "go fuck yourself" and close the browser when he said Rayman Jungle Run on a tablet was the best game of his year.
  • Fuck you FLappy bird. Instead, Fly the Catbug!

$1, no in-app purchases ever.
  • Someone is subscribed to Federator emails as well. :3 Purchasing.
  • I need a new mobile game that isn't microtransaction bullshit.

Basically, I need a second Neuroshima Hex for when I'm bored of Neuroshima Hex.
  • Suburbia might be an option.
  • Terra Battle.
  • edited October 2014
    Hitman Go. It lets you pay to unlock the harder levels but just buy the game and play it right and you're solid. No need to pay any more.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • Hitman Go looks like a potential winner.
  • Apreche said:

I need a new mobile game that isn't microtransaction bullshit.

Basically, I need a second Neuroshima Hex for when I'm bored of Neuroshima Hex.

T&E? Or something that plays faster?

I may check out Hitman Go. Or maybe you check it our first and tell me if it's good.
  • I have T&E already. The computer on hardest has no chance against me.
  • Hitman Go was pretty enjoyable. It had enough missions in the latter half where the solution was not immediately obvious. The aesthetic is also top-notch.

I didn't understand their design choice with the mission objectives, though. There are generally two paths to beating any mission: beat it in the minimum number of moves, or beat it while also accomplishing some additional feat like picking up a briefcase or not killing any dogs. The levels are fun, but there is zero incentive to beat every level in each possible way, so I never went back and re-played anything.
  • If you like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the mobile version isn't too bad.
  • sK0pe said:

If you like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the mobile version isn't too bad.

Isn't it the same exact game?
  • Yeah, I like playing it multiple times using different team set ups but if that's not your thing, I'm not sure what else to put up, I struggle finding good games on mobile too.
  • edited October 2014
    Desert Golfing I've heard things about.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited October 2014
    Hoplite and Ending are both good

edit: check out this website if you don't already know about it!! http://www.pockettactics.com/
    Post edited by johndis on
  • Triple post ftw: You might also like this game https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/empire-deck-building-strategy/id675636489?mt=8 which is designed to basically be the early turns of Civ + a deck building game
  • Why don't you just play more FTL?
  • Rochelle said:

Why don't you just play more FTL?

I don't have FTL iPad, and I apparently have to pay $10 for it.
  • But that's not a micro transaction. One price for all of it. You want it for free or cheaper? Or don't like paying twice for a game you already have on Steam?
  • Rochelle said:

But that's not a micro transaction. One price for all of it. You want it for free or cheaper? Or don't like paying twice for a game you already have on Steam?

Yeah, I feel like I shouldn't have to pay $10 for another copy of a game I Kickstarted.
  • Crossy Road. I must get the best score of my iOS friends. It's silly, but challenging enough.