This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

UI/UX Job in the Video Game Industry

So, folks, I have some big news! I know I haven't been on here a lot lately, but between game dev and working on my book and my film, I've been pretty swamped. I just wanted to tell you all that I'm leaving Muse Games to go work for another game studio doing character animation, and that my position will be opening up in the next month. While I'm more of a generalist in 3D and digital art, we're not so much looking for another Maya modeler as we are someone who is familiar with User Interface Design (Graphic Designers who have experience with web or software development are ideal.) Here's the job post:

Muse Games, an independent video game studio based in NYC, is looking to add a dedicated graphic designer to their development team.

Ideally, we are looking for candidates with a strong background in interactive interfaces, preferably with experience in the fields of web design or software development. Our titles, which utilize the Unity Engine, are created by a dedicated team of programmers, game designers, and digital artists--the UI/UX designer has the unique privilege of collaborating with all three departments in the course of their duties.

Responsibilities include:

- Creating aesthetically pleasing menus and interfaces both in-game and on the web
- Creating interactive prototypes and testing them for usability
- Designing promotional materials, logos, and icons to represent the game.

Applicants should submit their resume and a digital portfolio to jobs@musegames.com

Comments