This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Genki learn Japanese

I know several members of the forum are fluent in Japanese. My kid is looking to learn but our high school does not offer it.

Picked up the Genki textbooks on a recent NYC trip. Anyone interested in making some money as an online tutor using said textbooks?

Comments

• It was a bit weird how book two taught you how to complain about being groped on the train. Poor Takeshi.
  • edited November 2014
    I took Japanese for 3 years in high school so I'm not super great at it but I guess I could give it a go if you want and no one better comes along. Is this the book we're talking about?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • HMTKSteve said:

I know several members of the forum are fluent in Japanese. My kid is looking to learn but our high school does not offer it.

Picked up the Genki textbooks on a recent NYC trip. Anyone interested in making some money as an online tutor using said textbooks?

Omnutia has experience both with Japanese and Tutoring, but his schedule has been kinda full lately. Still, worth having a word to him, he charges fair rates.

Also, I've been having luck with the memorization portions using Anki flashcards, and they have plenty of free decks you can use.

• Yes Pegu, that is the book. I purchased all three level one books.
  • Churba said:

Also, I've been having luck with the memorization portions using Anki flashcards, and they have plenty of free decks you can use.

I cannot recommend Anki enough. Even if none of the premade decks suit your fancy, you can make your own.