This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• There's one about a grandpa Wizard. His name is Michael Jordan.
  • Starfox said:

There's one about a grandpa Wizard. His name is Michael Jordan.

Heyoooo!

Thanks for calling me the post-retirement Michael Jordan of Counter-Strike, but I'm not wearing even one ring.
  • Just don't do underwear commercials.
  • Andrew said:

Just don't do underwear commercials.

Or anything with the Looney Tunes. They've been through enough.
  • Apreche said:

I want to make a comic/story/video/etc. about grandpa (counter)terrorist or grandpa ninja.

I would read that.
    I have the issue that Rym described about thinking you've clicked but the game doesn't register.

Just play smarter rather than trying to 1 v 1.

I can't snipe nearly as well as I use to be able to so I just use the AK and M4's with expensive pistols or buy AWP for others.
  • Two pros VAC banned. Dreamhack Winter, one of the 4 major tournaments, is next week, and their teams are having their invitations revoked. There is much speculation as to what exactly they did, but knowing Valve and Gaben, I think we'll never know for sure. I'll believe it when I see it, but there's rumors that more bans are coming...

Holy Shit.

SEE SCOTT THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR YOU
  • Play lots of Quake 3 Arena. Your Twitch will come back.
  • I've never played quake. It was always UT for me. Mostly UT2k4.
  • edited November 2014
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I've found that you can remove 95% of idiots from your competitive queue by removing Dust II from your pool of maps.

People you hate to have on your team -
    1. Guy that forces the use of the Scout, even though he has excellent sniping skills gets killed by the other team and rages because they are using the AWP and he is using the Scout. - This is scrub mentality, clearly he would win if he just saved for another round or if he would an AWP that someone bought him. This person also hates when his own team wins by using an AWP.

2. Guy that gets mad because he dies early by running into the rest of the team but is even more angry that the rest of the team can win the round without him.

3. The team that refuses to stick to a plan and runs around like they are playing death match.

4. The team with no one using a microphone.

I have 1 v 4 multiple people with team number 4 but it can get hard to win all the rounds if the opposing team is communicating appropriately.
  • How old is that War Owl guy?
  • 25 I think?
  • Andrew said:

25 I think?

Oh...
  • What age did you think?
  • Andrew said:

What age did you think?

He sounded older, but I guess that was just false hope. I recall my favorite Shaq-ism.

"39 ain't 29 bro"

Another one that Shaq didn't coin:

"Father Time is undefeated".
  • Scott's just looking for a justification for this:

To be fair, his score is inaccurate. He did have one more kill. He got me one round.
  • Glad for the names, because I can't anyone in that picture.
  • Starfox said:

Scott's just looking for a justification for this:
    [scoreboard]

To be fair, his score is inaccurate. He did have one more kill. He got me one round.

That is quite unfair, I watched those games, the opposing team was being carried by the 'Rin Tezuka' guy and the 'goeagles5' guy.

Also you threw him into competitive without letting him get a feeling for the game etc.

I would say you didn't carry hard enough ;^) .
  • Valve does go on trips to Hawaii annually. I guess they used to go wherever people would vote for most but people were usually kinda shit about getting their passports and whatnot in order. So they just go to Hawaii now.
  • sK0pe said:

That is quite unfair, I watched those games, the opposing team was being carried by the 'Rin Tezuka' guy and the 'goeagles5' guy.

Also you threw him into competitive without letting him get a feeling for the game etc.

Nah, it was fair. Scott had forgotten basic things that weren't in any way new in CS:GO. He lost his old CS knowledge.

• sK0pe said:

My back not strong enough v_v
  • There was a big controversy at DreamHack this year where a team was forced out of the tournament not by cheating, but because they exploited a previously unknown boost on one of the maps that some say gave them an unfair advantage.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/01/dreamhack-winter-cs-go-cheating/
  • Andrew said:

There was a big controversy at DreamHack this year where a team was forced out of the tournament not by cheating, but because they exploited a previously unknown boost on one of the maps that some say gave them an unfair advantage.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/01/dreamhack-winter-cs-go-cheating/

So it seems like the team that did it is full of shitheads, but at least in this one case I have read nothing that suggests they shouldn't have won. It's like if someone went into a tournament for a fighting game after having discovered some yet-unknown combo. If the other players can't adapt, they deserve to lose.
  • They were a long way behind before they switched to CT, and then used the glitch. A glitch they knew about for months but didn't report. Clear cheating, and should have been kicked on the spot. The rules said no pixel glitches or transparency bugs.
  • They were a long way behind before they switched to CT, and then used the glitch. A glitch they knew about for months but didn't report. Clear cheating, and should have been kicked on the spot. The rules said no pixel glitches or transparency bugs.

I thought they just boosted themselves up onto someplace that people didn't realize they could boost to. If that's considered a pixel glitch, and is specifically outlawed, well I guess they lose.

The thing is, I feel like a video game tournament shouldn't require any rules governing anything other than the tournament structure. Any in-game rules should be 100% enforced by the code and data of the game. If there's a flaw or glitch in the game, then fix that shit. If someone discovers something unfixed, they win, until next time when a patch will surely be applied.

Also, even if it wasn't illegal, something like this shouldn't give them an advantage for more than one round of play. As soon as you use it, people realize where you were, and won't fall for it again. Then in future rounds, they'll go to that spot as well and suddenly its an even playing field. It should really only be effective if you whip it out in a final deciding round like a secret special attack. That should be encouraged as it creates tales of epicness. And getting to the final deciding round without using your secret attack means you are a deserving champion anyway.