This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• RymRym
    edited December 2014
    Also, even if it wasn't illegal, something like this shouldn't give them an advantage for more than one round of play. As soon as you use it, people realize where you were, and won't fall for it again. Then in future rounds, they'll go to that spot as well and suddenly its an even playing field.
    It was only really usable by one team.

Imagine if the Ts have a way to plant the bomb in their spawn (due to a glitch). If they play CT first, then the other team will have no way to possibly counter the exploit.

Post edited by Rym on
  • edited December 2014
    Rym said:

Also, even if it wasn't illegal, something like this shouldn't give them an advantage for more than one round of play. As soon as you use it, people realize where you were, and won't fall for it again. Then in future rounds, they'll go to that spot as well and suddenly its an even playing field.
    It was only really usable by one team.

Imagine if the Ts have a way to plant the bomb in their spawn (due to a glitch). If they play CT first, then the other team will have no way to possibly counter the exploit.

But you still have to save it for the final battle. Which means you have to get to the final battle without it. You also have to hope the final battle is on that map.

Also, shouldn't the final battle be like 3/5 or 4/7 on multiple different maps? If you unfairly win just one of those rounds, and the other team is better, you'll lose the other rounds.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Scott, if you read the article, they DID wait until the other team couldn't know about the exploit in enough time to use it. In the second half of a final game of the match.
  • I think esports should just admit that the code isn't good enough to enforce fair play, and have a ref or umpire make calls. As in, they know the rules, they explain their decision, and if any team wants to challenge the ruling, they must do it before continuing the match.
  • Scott, if you read the article, they DID wait until the other team couldn't know about the exploit in enough time to use it. In the second half of a final game of the match.

Baller! If they made it to the second half of the final match without it, and nobody else discovered it before hand, they deserve the win no matter what rules say. It's not like a wallhack or an aim bot or some shit.
  • The first half was won 12-3 by LDLC. In the second half Fnatic lost the pistol round, making it 13-3, before revealing a new trick. It involves a boost from the Counter-Terrorist (CT) spawn that should be impossible, because there’s nothing to stand on, but it turns out there’s a rogue pixel somewhere. One player gets on this invisible surface, another stands on his head, and from here there’s a view of the majority of the map – including the Terrorist (T) side’s spawning location. Such an advantage is a map-breaking exploit, and Fnatic used this spot to enormous effect and turned the score around to win the match.

Quick intermission. CS: GO maps are tested by pro teams in the sense that Valve specifically requests their feedback to help remove unfair cheats and glitches. Fnatic had known about this exploit, as coach Devilwalk admitted in a post-match interview, for over two months.

In this case the Dreamhack rules for 2013 (there is no 2014 version, which says everything) state both pixel-walking and any exploit that turns textures transparent are illegal. Fnatic’s boost spot featured both.
    I wanted to quote the article to prove you were full of shit. But it turns out there WAS NO rule set for 2014. The rule against pixel walking and transparent texture exploits were for last year.

What a cluster of fucks.
  • You would think that these organizations would hire at least ONE expert from the professional sports world to advise them on their rules and procedures...
  • To be honest, this is a major failure of DreamHack that was exploited by the teams. Volvo needs to run their own grand championship ala The Invitational for Dota2.
  • Andrew said:

To be honest, this is a major failure of DreamHack that was exploited by the teams. Volvo needs to run their own grand championship ala The Invitational for Dota2.

Valve needs to have a Valvecon that has all the grand championships for all their games, and the announcement of at least one game with the number 3 in the title.
  • I'm just happy that the thing didn't happen in the finals. I watched that from television and it was really nice, even and tight match with some impressive plays.
  • Apreche said:

Andrew said:

To be honest, this is a major failure of DreamHack that was exploited by the teams. Volvo needs to run their own grand championship ala The Invitational for Dota2.

Valve needs to have a Valvecon that has all the grand championships for all their games, and the announcement of at least one game with the number 3 in the title.
    Have you seen how big just The International is? Making one event that has all games, would lessen the scale of every game and would divide the viewers across several games, which is not optimal. I can see no way of doing it, which is truly viable to do in reality.

• Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Have you seen how big just The International is? Making one event that has all games, would lessen the scale of every game and would divide the viewers across several games, which is not optimal. I can see no way of doing it, which is truly viable to do in reality.

Multiple days.
  • Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Multiple days.
    The International is already a week long affair.
  • Andrew said:

Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Multiple days.
    Multiple days weeks.
  • Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Multiple days.
    Multiple days weeks.
    You, with a straight face, say that multi week series of huge tournaments is somehow a viable thing to do?

• Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Multiple days.
    Multiple days weeks.
    You, with a straight face, say that multi week series of huge tournaments is somehow a viable thing to do?

I'm down.
  • Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Andrew said:

Multiple days.
    Multiple days weeks.

I'm down.
    Better than the Olympics.

However I do agree with the referee ruling recommended by Luke but also agree with Scott's perspective of - if it's in the game you should use it if you are going to win.

Dramhack is superbly amateur when you compare it to the professional presentation of say a Riot Games broadcast or any Korean or Taiwanese Esports event.

For example with the League of Legends moba, the teams know what patch they are playing on and are allowed to take advantage of anything, if there is something broken in that patch Riot will have that character disabled.
    Riot and Korean events such as Starcraft 2 have referees to avoid cheating or chatting during pauses and managing pauses.

Dreamhack is run by ESL which has problems with streaming properly, keeping an appropriate schedule or having professional casters. They have recently poached a few but having a few good casters will not improve their overall infrastructure.

The International's team seems to also be well organised but I am uninformed on how the specifics.
  • So new update, they added this to the map where the boost happened.

It says climbing the rail is forbidden. *snicker*
  • They also added this one where a player defused while mollied during DH
  • Those two screenshots are why I love the people who make Counterstrike.
  • Also, I love how you play with left handed weapons. I did the same in the tournaments at PAX Aus.
  • Not my screenshots. #righthand4lyfe
  • Right handers. Also known as little baby children born after Action Quake.
  • Baby children born after Action Quake are the only ones with any FPS skills these days.
  • It was the same guy who did both. Olofmeister.
  • You guys have your silly discussion. I'm gonna go play some Counter Strike.
  • Andrew said:

Baby children born after Action Quake are the only ones with any FPS skills these days.

One day, as old as me you will be.

Scott has no excuse. But I know my shit mostly. I just can't physically click on heads as fast as I used to.
  • edited December 2014
    Rym said:

Andrew said:

Baby children born after Action Quake are the only ones with any FPS skills these days.

No he won't, because by then you'll be older.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba said:

Rym said:

Andrew said:

When his age you reach, shoot as well, you will not.

• Apreche said:

Churba said:

Rym said:

Andrew said:

When his age you reach, shoot as well, you will not.
    That's hardly a threat, I'm a terrible shot now.