This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Star Wars: A New Hope

Comments

• Apreche said:

I'd bet the girl on the speeder is a Skywalker as well. Mara Jade Skywalker, to be precise. Yeah, the book canon is mostly tossed out, but they're definitely not tossing everything. They're going to keep a lot of book shit. Too easy to cherry pick from it, too much work not to.

If it isn't Mara Jade Skywalker, then odds on favorite that it's someone heavily based on her, even if it's not quite her. They've already shown they're willing to draw heavily on the EU, but I'm not sure they'd be willing to lift a whole character like that yet.

• Spoiler teasers I read elsewhere on Reddit tag her as being Han & Leia's daughter, named Kira, with her hiding out on a desert planet that is presumably Tatooine with a cyborg character that is played by Max Von Sydow.
  • Spoiler teasers I read elsewhere on Reddit tag her as being Han & Leia's daughter, named Kira, with her hiding out on a desert planet that is presumably Tatooine with a cyborg character that is played by Max Von Sydow.

The only question is, where did they source this information?

I remember when they also conclusively found that the Brands hatch track invasion was a marketing stunt(It wasn't, the guy just got eight months jail), that the blur leak was a marketing stunt(It wasn't, because that's ludicrous) and that now that Facebook owns Oculus, it's going to take your retinal scans and use them for...something.

• Here's links to the two threads on Reddit. Leak came from someone posting to 4Chan, but the spoilers fall in line with the leaked concept art, which also matches up to the trailer. I'm taking them with a grain of salt, but if they turn out to be halfway true then I'd say they have a decent plot on their hands.

First Thread
    Second Thread
  • I don't get it. Is it one of those racist jokes?
  • You're racist.
  • edited December 2014
    Maybe peyote would be more appropriate being in the desert.

He's wandering through the desert with a vacant stare on his face. What's not to get?
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited December 2014
    MATATAT said:

Maybe peyote would be more appropriate being in the desert.

He's wandering through the desert with a vacant stare on his face. What's not to get?

The actual funny part? Seriously, it's not even a vacant look.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • Hey cool you don't think its funny, good job.
  • That right there made me more excited than the trailer.
  • edited December 2014

That right there made me more excited than the trailer.

Katsuhiro Otomo's Star Wars anime.

Will never happen.

Good for health, bad for education.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Skywalker!
    Solo!
  • Akira Skywalker?
    Men, we're going to the death star.
  • It's ruined now. Ignorance is better! Now we're going to watch the movie, and they won't use this basic technique. We'll then be frustrated the same way as when computer stuff in movies is fake.
  • Star Wars was always inspired by a Japanese style rather than European fencing.
  • I saw a surprising amount of sword-nerdy people on Twitter saying how the crossguards are silly because no true swordsman would ever rely on the hilt of a sword to protect the fingers. This guy makes them look fucking silly.
  • Matt said:

I saw a surprising amount of sword-nerdy people on Twitter saying how the crossguards are silly because no true swordsman would ever rely on the hilt of a sword to protect the fingers. This guy makes them look fucking silly.

I wouldn't rely on it, but it's additional protection that can be added trivially. And it can be leveraged to great effect.
    Andrew said:

Star Wars was always inspired by a Japanese style rather than European fencing.

Really? I thought it was flashy madeup bullshit drawn from several cultures.

Doesn't Count Dooku literally fence with his saber?

Unless the EU delved more into the stuff, in which case, fuck that.
  • I wasn't sure how you'd apply it with a regular sword but I was fairly certain they were going to use the lightsaber crossguard to stab someone in the movie.
  • Really? I thought it was flashy madeup bullshit drawn from several cultures.

The later films yeah, but the original ANH fight was pretty close. I can't find the documentary, but I remember seeing Bob Anderson, the choreography mention it.

Who? I don't remember him from the three Star Wars films that exist.
  • Oh yeah, want to know why Disney got rid of the EU? Cause of shit like this

He has lightsabers on his kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss
  • That's fucking hilarious.

I saw a documentary where George Lucas was trying to explain the fighting in A New Hope. It was fucking awful. Really, any time George Lucas talks about Star Wars, it's fucking awful.
  • In the other thread I mentioned Wes Anderson as a possible director for VII

NOW I DEMAND IT
  • Andrew said:

Oh yeah, want to know why Disney got rid of the EU?

Okay you're just trolling now.

• Soo some people are really upset about John Boyega playing a Storm Trooper. But I really liked him as Moses in Attack the Block. It wasn't a great movie, but it was stylistic as fuck.