This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2015

Panel submissions are open!!! In fact, they've been open for weeks....

We are going to be accepting/rejecting panels on a more rolling basis this year, rather than waiting until the spring to send out notification! Submissions close March 30, 2015 this year. Submit early and often!!

http://connecticon.org/events/add/

Questions? Email panels@connecticon.org

Comments

• And if you have long harbored the desire to work for one amazing team, now you can!

http://connecticon.org/about/staff/#Open Positions
  • edited December 2014
    I'm beta testing a couple of events at Anime Los Angeles in a few weeks. Once I gauge how well they do, You'll probably receive about 4-5 separate applications from me. I'm performing 5 events at ALA (at which I'm a featured guest because of how much they like my panels) but my complete roster is has 7 different ones.

Edit: I feel like, more and more, there should be a site where conventions can go to find a listing of good panels that they can contact the panelists to ask them to perform. Almost like a vetted talent listing for convention panelists. Or, at least, rate them. Like a Yelp! for panels.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'll probably be able to return as staff this year, since there isn't a baby being born around that weekend :-p
  • Very much regret missing last year (it made sense at the time, but knowing what I know now about that program it wasn't worth it). Definitely going this year. Y'all best be ready for my Andrew Jackson panel.
  • Tragically all my stuff would be on its third year this year so I have no idea if any would be accepted. Hope I can come up with a few before the deadline.
  • Jordan O. said:

Tragically all my stuff would be on its third year this year so I have no idea if any would be accepted. Hope I can come up with a few before the deadline.

I'm trying to convince my friend to do a "Wrestling for Noobs" type panel. Seems like your ballywhick....
  • Homie I am all sorts of down for that if you want me there.
  • edited December 2014
    I'll be submitting my R rated panel soon as I get home (and my ladyfriend sends me her maiden name).

Edit: I have no idea how to describe this event.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • I'll be submitting my R rated panel soon as I get home (and my ladyfriend sends me her maiden name).

Edit: I have no idea how to describe this event.

Sexy fun times?
  • Okay, submitted.
  • Okay, submitted.

That's a whole different panel.

• I missed it so much this year. I'm gonna go! Now to think about which panels to run tee hee!
  • Yeah, for real submit your stuff. Events will open and be accepted/scheduled basically as they're actually scheduled. You guys won't have to wait until we announce them all at once.

Did a quick test run of the system, and everything looking awesome.

http://connecticon.org/events/add/

Don't wait. If you submit something awesome after we put all the guest panels in place, the odds of fitting you in diminish substantially... ;^)
  • I submitted a few of my mainstays just now. Two panels and a workshop. I'll be submitting more after Anime Los Angeles.
  • I have a friend who worked as a Manga letterer in Japan and America. He's located a somewhat commutable distance in NJ. I'll speak with him as to his interest in a panel on Manga translation and lettering and also on the works of the most prolific manga ka of all time, Ishinimori. He did the digitization in Japan and the U.S. for Cyborg 009, Kamen Rider, Kikaider, and Skullman. He was also nominated for an Eisner for his work on Jim Henson's A Tale of Sand.

In truth Connecticut is a bit far flung for me. I live in Indy. However if I can coordinate remotely with friends in the area to try and put some unique content together.
  • Working on some atm will include more soonish
  • I think I am at 5 or 6 now, if you want a panel submission for every Parsley game let me know and be happy to add it but for now that should help.
  • Looks like I'm doing at least two panels at Connecticon: "My Little Pony: Sound is Magic" and "Monster Girl Quest: The Lecture".
  • I'm very slowly seeding the schedule with some initial panels. I need a few to anchor the gaps for the rest. Can't go whole hog until we have guest panel slots better tuned.
  • I've started drafting something about RPG design. I'll submit it after I do a dry run with my playtest group.
  • I think, in a couple of years, Connecticon is gonna be FRCFcon. ^_~
  • It's already sort of that in spirit, if not name.
  • RymRym
    edited December 2014
    You guys only see the Panels and Workshops side of things. Gaming is an equally huge endeavor that has, as far as I know, zero FRC people involved. Guest relations are also handled by an entirely different set. Nevermind all the screenings and other content. ;^)

Panelists tend to only care about how well panels are run at a con, so they hyperfocus on them. (This is why we - as GeekNights - turn down invitations to most conventions: had I been at Derpycon I probably would have walked out upon seeing this:
    image )

(The size of the room, not the person). Even though other aspects of the con were fine and people enjoyed them. We focus primarily on that one thing, and see the whole con through its lens).

We stopped bothering with the New York Comic Con when they tried to put us on a big stage instead of in a panel room. Several anime cons we've ditched on solely because they wouldn't respond to emails or couldn't tell us anything about the sizes of the rooms whatever).

Panels is heavily FRC for a lot of reasons. But none of the rest of the con is. ;^) Walk out of the top floor. =P
    Post edited by Rym on
  • It appears that I will be doing TWO panels this year (So far)

The first is my excuse the learn adobe into my extended cut into the history of nerd music.

The second is going to be about Pro Wrestling and NXT, file that one under fun.
  • edited December 2014
    Assuming our panels don't overlap, I'll attend your nerd music one. Sound's interesting.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Coldguy said:

Jordan, me, and a friend are doing a wrestling panel, too. What's the aim of yours?
  • Coldguy said:

The first is my excuse the learn adobe into my extended cut into the history of nerd music.

How far back do you go?
  • Greg said:

Coldguy said:

How far back do you go?
    I start with the original hipster, Beethoven.
    Neito said:

Coldguy said:

Jordan, me, and a friend are doing a wrestling panel, too. What's the aim of yours?
    History of FCW, look at the old WWE Dev system, modern times of awesome, maybe the performance center
  • Are you ready for ConnectiCon 2015?? Because Nichelle Nichols is:
    https://www.facebook.com/ConnectiConConvention/posts/776060652488761:0

Two Power Rangers, Bulk and Skull, Master Shake... who else are we going to announce?!
  • I have officially submitted my panel after a really successful dry run yesterday. Now, the waiting.