This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• Competitive is the only way to go in my opinion. All other modes are not proper Counterstrike, however they are great for trying new things out or practicing mechanics.
  • The map fixes are brilliant, I like that the history/events are incorporated into the map.
  • Did not take them long to fix that. Can anyone read what that Poccnr says?
  • edited December 2014
    I can't, but I'd assume it's something along the lines of "do not jump on the birds".
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • It says "don't step on the birds".
  • I make a cameo in the latest WarOwl video.
  • You're like a redshirt!
  • Starfox said:

You're like a redshirt!

No man he's like a model, showing off how the CZ is nerfed.
    He's Internet famous.
    :P
  • I guess I'm progressing someone on asked everyone to spectate my screen because he thought I was aim botting while practicing in deathmatch.

He then stated that I was using 'AK hacks' and was laughed out of the server.

Another anecdote, some teenager thought he was the shit because he had a '$1000' skin. Then called everyone on the server poor and rage quit after being wrecked.

Skins suck, stickers are where it's at.
  • Epic MLG qualifier cereal strat.
  • Andrew said:

Epic MLG qualifier cereal strat.

This was fucking amazing yet not unexpected, still made me laugh.
  • Ninjas are real!
  • Smoke bomb strats OP.
  • Apreche said:

Smoke bomb strats OP.

No, just silver league play.

• That was a baseball trick play if I ever saw one.
  • CS started clicking for me again. Headshots are coming naturally again.

First half of my last game:

Second half:

I'm still a grandpa. But watch out.

• I'm winning too much in competitive while trying to get ranked, I got another "cooldown" today.

Competitive is just raw Counterstrike from back in the day. I am being matched with these Silver Elite Masters in the videos, some have an understanding of strategy others are just constantly spewing verbal diarrhoea making it impossible to hear enemies in close situations that are able to be clutched.

A lot of people also seem to not understand the economy of the game hence buying excessively on pistol round and every round subsequently making themselves poor or going straight for rifles on a short range map on the 2nd round rather than pick up SMG's or shotguns which will get them more money.

Players seem to be impressed easily by my point and click abilities, it's easy to see how the cereal strategy works.
  • Lolololololololol silvers

You are playing in the baby tier.
  • Andrew said:

Lolololololololol silvers

You are playing in the baby tier.

Yeah there are quite a few kids as well as disgruntled adults.

I got the comment "you're too good to be unranked".

I don't even know what that means.
  • sK0pe said:

I'm winning too much in competitive while trying to get ranked, I got another "cooldown" today.

Um. As far as I know, you can only get cooldowns for abandoning.
  • Starfox said:

sK0pe said:

I'm winning too much in competitive while trying to get ranked, I got another "cooldown" today.

Nope.

I got a cooldown yesterday. It said basically (summarized):

"Congrats on your recent wins. Wait 24 hours before you play again while we recalibrate your matchups."

I have never abandoned a competitive game.

• Rym said:

Starfox said:

sK0pe said:

Nope.

I got a cooldown yesterday. It said basically (summarized):

"Congrats on your recent wins. Wait 24 hours before you play again while we recalibrate your matchups."

I have never abandoned a competitive game.

This is the problem with ELO. With so many players and games happening constantly, you can't possibly recalculate the entire rankings every single time a match ends. You need some sort of point in time where you can take a snapshot and re-rank based on that.
  • God damn, there are a lot of smurfs in competitive silver ranks lately.

I wonder why.
  • Rym said:

God damn, there are a lot of smurfs in competitive silver ranks lately.

I wonder why.

Most cheats hang out in upper nova tier. Smurfs in silver are usually just MGE+ ranked players on alt accounts.
  • Andrew said:

Rym said:

God damn, there are a lot of smurfs in competitive silver ranks lately.

I wonder why.

Most cheats hang out in upper nova tier. Smurfs in silver are usually just MGE+ ranked players on alt accounts.
    A ton of accounts with 1-3 hours of CS:GO playtime suddenly appeared on Sunday. Super good (led their teams). One game I was on, half the players were unranked with a couple hours playtime, yet somehow were magic Neo gods.