This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest 13

Comments

• Wyatt said:

MAGFest is way easier then most conventions. This is my list in order of personal preference:

-Order in: Go to the Concierge and ask for take out menus. Cheap, easy, and fast enough.
    -Grocery store: A few good pre-maid items. Eat some fruit. Not really overpriced. Good beer.
    -Nando's: Good chicken. Good price. Fucking crowded. Get take out.
    -Hot dogs/potbelly: Down by the docks. Less crowded then other places.
    -Freshii/Elevation burger: Decent. Overcrowded at peak hours. Still crowded at off hours.
    -High end Chinese/Mexican/Steakplace/Italian/Seafood: Outside of price ranged EXCEPT at lunch.
    -Gaylord is OK at best. Pricey, but occasionally convenient.

Nando's looks good, though I'm interested in taking my ladyfriend to a Korean place. We'll be staying in Alexandria though, which yeah is just across the river but I have no idea how bad the traffic is around there.
  • Gaylord food is horrifically overpriced for the very low quality and insane lines.
  • Go to secret deli, good things await there
  • I had hoped to be able to attend this year. Obviously, this did not happen. Coldguy, you must take me to this secret deli next year.
  • Rym said:

Churba said:

Let me guess - Hershey squirts?

They're just worse than being hungry.
    I'll keep it in mind, if I ever get the chance to avoid them.
  • Coldguy said:

Go to secret deli, good things await there

Go on about this secret deli...

Also, before I head to the gaylord I bake plenty of stuff that'll last throughout the week so I can eat it for a boost between events. Cookies, Tarts, etc.
  • The secret deli is hidden in the secret bodega
  • Coldguy said:

The secret deli is hidden in the secret bodega

• edited January 2015
    What a wonderful ad.
    Post edited by belkalra on
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

The secret deli is hidden in the secret bodega

Or you could ask when we are at MAGFest and I'll point to it.
  • Hook me up when we get there bro I need all the food options available.
  • Coldguy said:

Go to secret deli, good things await there

Oo, you will have to show me where secret deli is. I am intrigued :o
  • edited January 2015
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited January 2015

Wyatt said:

MAGFest is way easier then most conventions. This is my list in order of personal preference:

-Order in: Go to the Concierge and ask for take out menus. Cheap, easy, and fast enough.
    -Grocery store: A few good pre-maid items. Eat some fruit. Not really overpriced. Good beer.
    -Nando's: Good chicken. Good price. Fucking crowded. Get take out.
    -Hot dogs/potbelly: Down by the docks. Less crowded then other places.
    -Freshii/Elevation burger: Decent. Overcrowded at peak hours. Still crowded at off hours.
    -High end Chinese/Mexican/Steakplace/Italian/Seafood: Outside of price ranged EXCEPT at lunch.
    -Gaylord is OK at best. Pricey, but occasionally convenient.

Nando's looks good, though I'm interested in taking my ladyfriend to a Korean place. We'll be staying in Alexandria though, which yeah is just across the river but I have no idea how bad the traffic is around there.
    There are some great Korean BBQ places in Annandale, the Honey Pig in particular, which is also open 24 hours. Bonchon Chicken in Arlington is also good.

Traffic shouldn't be that bad as long as you avoid driving during rush hour. I live in Arlington and I usually head over to the Gaylord around 9-10am, after rush hour, and it's an easy 25-30 minute drive.

Post edited by jabrams007 on
  • Coldguy said:
    Those are some interesting achievements. Also thanks for the tips JABRAMS.
  • edited January 2015
    Just an FYI to everyone from not DC. You will want to try to avoid the interstates in the DC area from about 7am to 10am, and 3:30pm-6:30pm M-F. So friday evening and monday morning you're probably going to want to avoid leaving the inner harbor.

If you're arriving or leaving magfest during those hours, don't try to be clever and avoid the highways. It is a bad plan, the highways are full because they are the best way to get around, stick to them.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Last time I was at MAGFest was almost 3 years ago. I hope is as epic as the last time.
  • Coldguy said:
    I saw this. A little confused as to why masturbate is worth more than having sex. Seems backwards to me...
  • eggs said:

Coldguy said:
    I saw this. A little confused as to why masturbate is worth more than having sex. Seems backwards to me...
    There is an answer to this question, however it is something I rather say in person or private message than the forum. If you want to know, do a 1 on 1 conversation.
  • Hey it's super late but my group has two spots in a Gaylord hotel room if anyone is interested!
  • I am in the mood for large crunchy board games, please inquire a time so we can throw down on this.
  • johndis said:

Hey it's super late but my group has two spots in a Gaylord hotel room if anyone is interested!

I have friends that may be interested. Let me try and get in touch with them.
  • eggs said:

johndis said:

Hey it's super late but my group has two spots in a Gaylord hotel room if anyone is interested!

Sounds good dude!!
  • 3 days to go and so much to do...
  • eggs said:

johndis said:

Update: one of the ppl in my group has found 2 people who will likely be taking the spots! Sorry dude, we had to move quick!
  • I'm already ready.
  • Will there be any Ingress walkabouts?