This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX South 2015

Comments

• I can technically fit Navegador AND Concordia in my carry-on, but I'm already going crazy on a wide spectrum of board games, here. Based entirely on personal preference, I'm leaning toward Navegador. Also: Ro or Rym, are either of you bringing Pandante?

Tentative game list:
    • Navegador
    • Phoenicia
    • Santiago
    • Roll for the Galaxy
    • Walnut Grove
    • Roll Through the Ages: The Iron Age
    ... which fills the non-essential half of my carryon luggage, given some clever reboxing. Also, all relatively short games. Does anyone really want to see Suburbia (+expansion) or Castles of Mad King Ludwig? Homesteaders? Concordia? I'm trying not to go too crazy, but they barely missed the cut :P
  • Anyone have a copy of Five Tribes?
  • edited January 2015
    Checking into my flight in about 20 minutes. :D

It is on. I have so much to do in regards to preparations.

As for transportation to the Riverwalk, more than likely shuttle or taxi. I could check the PAX Forums to see what they recommend.

Edit: We'll bring Pandante.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Taxi flat fare is $29 I think. There are plenty of mass transit options but I intend to throw money at my problems and make them go away.
  • Yes. That is more than affordable.
  • Matt said:

Anyone have a copy of Five Tribes?

I don't, nothing I've read about it has grabbed me. DoW is usually good about providing demo copies to retailers, so maybe the checkout library will have one.
  • pence said:

Matt said:

Anyone have a copy of Five Tribes?

I don't, nothing I've read about it has grabbed me. DoW is usually good about providing demo copies to retailers, so maybe the checkout library will have one.
    I haven't looked at it at all. It was on my long list, being DoW is a good publisher, and Bruno Cthala is a good designer. On the year-end Dice Tower roundup, a bunch of dumb people were paraded out to declare that Five Tribes was "thinkier" than they expected, which made me suspect it might be a game for smart people, moving it to my short list of games to check out. Perhaps I was wrong! Still want to give it a look though.

• I predict this forum is going to get very quiet over the next five or six days.

Unless we have a party! Who wants to have an online forum party?!??!?!?!?!??!
  • I predict this forum is going to get very quiet over the next five or six days.

Everyone play X-Wing Alliance.

• What's the deal with TB? Do I need to make a game or not?
  • Andrew said:

What's the deal with TB? Do I need to make a game or not?

I don't know what everyone else's deal(s) are. I will play if you run. I'll even commit to knowing the MARINES stuff well enough to not be dumb if you want.

It's up to everyone else. I've thrown in my die.

• I will be bringing my d6s.
  • I'll come prepped with an adventure then. What's the best time for you Rym? I don't know the GK schedule.
  • Andrew said:

I'll come prepped with an adventure then. What's the best time for you Rym? I don't know the GK schedule.

We have one panel right before the Omegathon Finale on Sunday.

Bad Games
    Sunday, January 25th
    4:30pm
    Armadillo Theatre

So any time any day Friday-Monday except Sunday afternoon/evening.
  • Friday Evening after dinner?
  • Andrew said:

Friday Evening after dinner?

I'm in.
  • edited January 2015
    Andrew said:

What's the deal with TB? Do I need to make a game or not?

I can run Skogenby or the book adventure. I'm going to prep another dungeon tonight, but it'll be fresh to TB. We'll see how it ends up. If you want to make a dungeon, that's cool—I'll play that and USCMC.

I'm also bringing InSpectres and Fiasco, because why not.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • I'll make up a USCMC game and people can decide between the two.
  • My PAX wingman (Jon, who some of you may have met at prior PAXs or in NYC), is into Torchbearer. I'm Enforcing night shift, and he's doing morning shift on the VIP wrangler squad. He may want a seat if you've got room. I'll send him this thread.
  • I would be the aforementioned PAX wingman, and yes, if there's a seat, I'd love to sit in. I've not played Burning Wheel or Torchbearer yet; only lovingly stroked the books and whispered "soon... soon..."
  • Corvus said:

I would be the aforementioned PAX wingman, and yes, if there's a seat, I'd love to sit in. I've not played Burning Wheel or Torchbearer yet; only lovingly stroked the books and whispered "soon... soon..."

All people are accepted at PAX. If you're into stroking books, more power to you.
  • Thanks, looking forward to it. I guess I'd just need to know the wheres, whens, whats to brings, and whom to bribe.
  • I'm in. I'll try to sell the misses on it as well.
  • I'm pretty sure we are at our max. I can only run 4, maybe 5 peeps max on my game.
  • Yeah, I already promised to bow out if I am player #5 - nothing fun about an RPG with too many characters, and I don't trust Torchbearer's tight resource economy to work as well with 5+
  • OK, Here is what we have then:

TB (Tentative USCMC) Friday Evening Post-Dinner:
    Players:
    GM Andrew
    1) Scott
    2) Rym
    3) O'Keefe
    4) pence

Waitlist:
    1) Corvus
    2) Dromaro
    3) Dromaro +1

This is going purely by interest posted in this thread since the original announcement. If players are no show 5 min after the start time, slots will be filled from waitlist then first come first serve order.
  • This is going to be the MOST DANGEROUS. I'll print out and read that USCMC tonight.

Uh, I'll be here. Anyone want to play some CSGO?
  • About to board. See you peoples there.

(^ω^)
  • Do we have a handle on the BBQ situation? Khoo asked on twitter and got some responses.