This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX South 2015

Comments

• edited January 2015
    My favorite thing about PAX South was: (in spoiler tag due to long post:)

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited January 2015
    But he's so easy to beat.
    Post edited by ThatGent on
  • edited January 2015
    Rochelle said:

My favorite thing about PAX South was: (in spoiler tag due to long post:)

TL:DR?

Post edited by Andrew on
  • No spoiler tag? There is one with the answer.
  • pence said:

I will be playing heavy euros when I'm not RPGing or eating or sleeping.

My prediction mostly came true. There was some other PAXing mixed in, but this con leaned very board gamey. Other east coast people that got stranded: good luck flying into snowmageddon tomorrow!
  • Yeah, I'll be back. I hope to see most of you again at East and Prime!

My winners were Pandánte and Wizard, but it was great being introduced to Roll for the Galaxy and Sheriff of Nottingham.

I guess if I'm getting P&W, I should invest in some cheap-but-decent poker chips. Any recommendations or should I just hit Amazon? Not sure how many I'd need... 100? 300? It's got to be at least three colors, but I don't need to run a big damn game of poker or anything.

USCMC was a hell of a lot of fun. I'm still surprised we weren't asked to quiet down, barking marine bravado at 1am.
  • I'm home in New York Wednesday evening at the earliest at this point. Me, Scott, and Katsu have endeavored to experience the fullness of San Antonio.
  • okeefe said:

I guess if I'm getting P&W, I should invest in some cheap-but-decent poker chips. Any recommendations or should I just hit Amazon? Not sure how many I'd need... 100? 300? It's got to be at least three colors, but I don't need to run a big damn game of poker or anything.

I use the game's suggestion: chips in 1s, 2s, and 5s. Everyone starts with 10x1, 10x2, and 4x5. So you'd need 60, 60, and 24 for a 6p game.

I have 50x1s, 75x2s, and 75 other assorted chips that I keep in a small case that coldguy found at a thrift store.
  • Maybe I should just get the deluxe Pandánte and be all set for chips. That doesn't sound crazy.
  • Rym said:

[I], Scott, and Katsu have endeavored to experience the fullness of San Antonio.

And what is that exactly? The Alamo is really quick.
  • I think I drunkenly shot Scott out of an airlock without an EVA suit.

That was fun.
  • Andrew said:

I think I drunkenly shot Scott out of an airlock without an EVA suit.

That was fun.

Scott pointedly insisted that he didn't put on the EVA suit. So...

• okeefe said:

Rym said:

[I], Scott, and Katsu have endeavored to experience the fullness of San Antonio.

Aaand, we're done.

Tomorrow ought to be boring.

• Spurs game?
  • Rym said:

I'm home in New York Wednesday evening at the earliest at this point. Me, Scott, and Katsu have endeavored to experience the fullness of San Antonio/the biggest storm in the history of snow is hitting NYC.

• edited January 2015
    Rym said:

okeefe said:

Rym said:

Aaand, we're done.

Tomorrow ought to be boring.

Rent a car and head up to Driftwood TX. Eat some of the finest BBQ at the Salt Lick.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-salt-lick-bbq-driftwood

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited January 2015
    If you rent one you could always explore the joys of Texas suburbia. Heck, drive two hours and see another city. Maybe you anime kids would enjoy this place or this place.

Would have been nice to stick around and at least make it to the Enforcer after party, but glad I got home early. Very excited that East is right around the corner. I'll be Enforcing again, as I'm going to be a deputy manager for TT moving forward.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • pence said:

okeefe said:

I guess if I'm getting P&W, I should invest in some cheap-but-decent poker chips.

I use the game's suggestion: chips in 1s, 2s, and 5s. Everyone starts with 10x1, 10x2, and 4x5. So you'd need 60, 60, and 24 for a 6p game.

I have 50x1s, 75x2s, and 75 other assorted chips that I keep in a small case that coldguy found at a thrift store.
    I bought a cheap set of 300 chips off craigslist. Now I'm ready to introduce some people to Pandánte!
  • Bring Your Own Book was one of the best things we saw in the Expo Hall.

• Do the rules specifically prohibit using a dictionary? Because if not, this game is super broken.
  • Pegu said:

Do the rules specifically prohibit using a dictionary? Because if not, this game is super broken.

From what I can gather from the shut up and sit down review the stranger the book the better, a dictionary isn't that good.
  • But if you have a dictionary you can use any word.
  • Pegu said:

But if you have a dictionary you can use any word.

Any single word, but not good for sentences, or other longer answers, which limits you.

• Pegu said:

But if you have a dictionary you can use any word.

You can't pick and choose random words from all over. You have to read words in a sequence. Most of the things are not single words, but sentences or phrases.
  • I would be unable to play this game. I'd go looking for a quote and then I'd just start reading and forget about the game.
  • We um... interviewed a bunch of statues at PAX South.

• I forgot all about this. Let's see how it turned out.
  • Not too bad.

If I wasn't me I would want to punch me whenever I laughed.
  • Apreche said:

Not too bad.

If I wasn't me I would want to punch me whenever I laughed.

I'm also pretty punch-worthy in my laughter in this one. ;^)