This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Petition for new opener to Geek Nights!!

edited November 2007 in Suggestions
I was flabbergasted the other day when I heard Scrym weren't planning on changing their opening tune for the next season. The current opener is fine and all, but I don't wanna sit through another year of the same tune. Get that DJ Pretzel person to make you guys some new music. Look at anime: long series almost always have different opening animations and music every season. Let's all petition them for a new one or they'll get lazy and not do it.

I hope I'm not the only one who cares for a different opener...

Comments

• No.
    I hope i'm not the only one that cares for a different opener...
    I read everybody else's minds to check. You are the only one.
  • I like the music, and I don't care if they change it or not.
  • I'm also kinda 'meh' about this.  I'm fine with the current theme.  DJ Pretzel is just a guy on OCRemix, he doesn't make music for anybody, he makes it for the community and for the fun of it.
  • I love the current theme. It's their signature...their riff...their thing. I wouldn't mind a remix of the present opener but then again... nah. It wouldn't work at all.
  • GeekNights without Booster Tarantino would be like Eva without Cruel Angel's Thesis.
    You can do it, but it's just wrong.
  • GeekNights without Booster Tarantino would be like Eva without Cruel Angel's Thesis.
    You can do it, but it's just wrong.
    You mean like the new Eva?

>_
  • Get that DJ Pretzel person to make you guys some new music.

I was totally against you until this was suggested... If you guys can get in touch with him or pick up a new beat of his that'd be awesome... Still I would likely skip a beat or two to hear a new theme.
    Super Mario RPG Booster Tarantino OC ReMix = Geeknights.
  • It's weird listening to the song itself without hearing R+S. That's just me.
  • It's weird listening to the song itself without hearing R+S. That's just me.
    Agreed! Whenever I put the song on my iPod and it plays I wonder "Wait, did I put a Geeknights episode on here?"
  • Did anyone else find it somewhat ironic when Rym mentioned that he had never played Super Mario RPG, despite having a remix of a SMRPG song as their opener?

..Maybe it's just me.

But yeah, don't change the Booster Tarantino.
  • I would put this to a poll open to all listeners as maybe it's just the forum goers that want to keep it.
    That said it would need to be replaced with something better. You should get this Pretzel guy to do you a heavy metal version.
  • Lol. You fail. Are you honestly trying to petition this?