This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Thursday - Last Week Tonight and the Daily Show

2»

Comments

• I hope that John Oliver and company are working on a scathing takedown of Gamer Gate.
  • In case you missed it, they went out with a bang on their season finale.

• New season is just as great as the last one. Loved the Uruguay thing in the last episode.
  • chaosof99 said:

New season is just as great as the last one. Loved the Uruguay thing in the last episode.

I especially love the Twitter and social media quests.

It was hilarious he got the Ecuadorian President to engage him in a Twitter war, further proving his point.
    Also I love that when I search "Marlboro" on Google Plus or Twitter, all I get are pictures of Jeff the Dead Lung.
  • That Jeff the dead lung stuff is really hitting off. As a heads up if people like Last Week Tonight they should check out the Bugle podcast by Oliver and Zaltsman it is toppers, the two of them work very well together and have a great relationship. Also fuck you Chris.
  • Scott Alden (one of the BGG creators) has been getting inundated on his social media accounts because his name is so similar to that of the chain smoking baby from the tobacco episode.
  • You're doing yourself a grave disservice if you're not watching Larry WIllmore's The Nightly Show.
  • The segment on U.S. Territories was great. It's a goddamn shame what the U.S. is doing there.
  • chaosof99 said:

The segment on U.S. Territories was great. It's a goddamn shame what the U.S. is doing there.

First video that Last Week Tonight locked by territory on Youtube, not sure if it was supposed to be ironic.

• Last Week Tonight just keeps getting better and better.
  • Matt said:

I just hope it slowly translates into political activism.

• The NCAA should be wetting itself after tonights episode. #SoybeanWind
  • Would that be the horrible way they sell the likeness of college athletes?
  • The NCAA really needed a skewering. I hope they get to the NFL next.
  • I assume the segment on patents scored big on the Rym and Scott pleasure scale.