This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• I made a thing!

I was inspired to make this remix by JordanBenderart's comment on the SoundCloud page for "Alone Together" () that the beginning of this song had an "American Boy" vibe. So, I downloaded the song, rewrote the lyrics of part of "American Boy" and recorded it.

I'm, of course, a guy, so it doesn't sound quite right, but I'm satisfied with it.
  • Just needs Garnet on that hook right?

Lyrics work pretty good tho.
  • I just want Garnet to sing all of it because, well, Estelle.
  • Spoilers for last night's episode but, suffice to say, in addition to Utena, Steven Universe just referenced Evangelion.
  • edited February 2015
    After the preview from MAGfest, I was pretty sure On the Run was going to be one of those cool, fun episodes that ends up being somewhat inconsequential to the larger story save for a few tidbits: like Lars and the Cool Kids (since it even had the PizzaMobile!) or Space Race.

But holy crap that is not the case, and the clip from MAGfest was deviously cut.

Also, DRR...DRR...DRR... best reference since the one Vic posted above.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • I was screaming in horror while watching On the Run and my niece had no idea why.
  • That's cool, I support more of those happening.

I also support a "Better Call Lil' Butler" spin-off.
  • After this Thursday, there will be a new episode every day next week!
  • I'm pumped for all of it.
  • HOLY! everyday???!! *squeeeee!!!!*
  • Wait....so is this a build up to a season end?
  • Wait....so is this a build up to a season end?

Based on tweets, knowledge about episodes that were in production, and TV Guide.com listings, I'd say yes.

• Premiere times for next week: 5PM Monday-Friday (two episodes on Thursday).

• Yeah, the reddit is going kinda nutso. It's more funny to watch people hype the hype for the sake of hype, cuz hype... than to just be like "fuck yeah, get hype"

Anyway, it's all too legit.
  • The last few episodes were some of the best I've ever seen of an animated show. I'm still 'recovering' as it were.
  • SWATrous said:

The last few episodes were some of the best I've ever seen of an animated show. I'm still 'recovering' as it were.

I feel the same way. Man....just....too many feels...so good!
  • She's like 12-13 right? How many periods could she have had? 2? I'm guessing zero.
  • So Comcast listed Full Disclosure without releasing the season finale. It made for an interesting experience.
  • Wow I didn't even realize that we were into season 2 yet. I thought maybe Full Disclosure was the finale or an episode after that and then we'd have to wait a few weeks for the new season. I guess the way they're airing them the actual seasons are mostly technicalities.

• This might just be one of the best AMVs I've seen period, and the song fits the show super well.
  • I was glad I was following tumblr when Thursday night's episodes hit. So many awesome fan art reacting to the feels of the episode but the best thing I saw was the people who were Disappointed that Peridot didn't start Rapping during Stronger than you so they actually created a rap verse for her.

I am so glad I got onto Steven Universe at the start because jailbreak and alone together gave me so much unadulterated joy at seeing some queer representation in cartoons.
  • Is this streaming somewhere (legally)?
  • edited March 2015
    Ikatono said:

Is this streaming somewhere (legally)?

CN's website
    iTunes (Vol. 1 - Vol. 2)
    Amazon
    Google Play
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • edited March 2015
    I'm looking forward to the Blu-Ray, because then my friend who seems to only watch shows when delivered on a plastic disk will be able to watch the full show and we can spaz out together.

But, also because I'll probably get it myself.

As it is, I'm super glad my sister and I both have a favorite thing we can talk about now.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • My niece and I watch every week and we end up hugging(and sometimes crying) by the time it's over. Then we run to the piano and try and play the songs together.
  • My niece and I watch every week and we end up hugging(and sometimes crying) by the time it's over. Then we run to the piano and try and play the songs together.

If you guys need references, the composers have the show's entire soundtrack (updating with each new episode) on their SoundCloud.