This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Five Nights at Freddy's 3

Five Nights at Freddy's 3 dropped today out of nowhere.

I bought it and did an immediate blind live play.

Comments

• Man, the dude that makes these is a fucking machine. He's launched games more times in this year and the last than Phil Fish has quit making games in his whole career.
  • I watched Markiplier play it. Looks interesting, to say the least. The designer does have a knack for overly-complicated things, though this streamlining of mechanics will probably save some headaches.
  • Rym said:

Five Nights at Freddy's 3 dropped today out of nowhere.

There was a trailer that came out some time ago, so it wasn't totally out of nowhere.

• The double up jump scares are hilarious.
  • I think it's the best one yet. I'm so glad that the ending tied up most of the loose ends. Some of the fan theory stuff annoyed me.
  • I did a pretty long teardown/analysis of FNAF1.

• I really liked the video, and I hope you can do more deep dive breakdowns like this.
  • FNaF is scary because it punishes you with the jump scare, rather than just insert them for no reason. This builds up tension along with the atmosphere and backstory of the game, making you want to not fuck up. If you play perfectly you won't see a jump scare, but you'll always be tense worrying if your playing optimally or not.
  • Great video Rym, I really enjoyed watching it. Informative yet still entertaining.
  • Rym said:

I did a pretty long teardown/analysis of FNAF1.

It was totally worth the watch. I wonder if there are such thorough and professionally produced analyses of any other games. From my searches they tend to be either uninteresting and technical or shallow and appealing to the masses.
  • sK0pe said:

Rym said:

I did a pretty long teardown/analysis of FNAF1.

It was totally worth the watch. I wonder if there are such thorough and professionally produced analyses of any other games. From my searches they tend to be either uninteresting and technical or shallow and appealing to the masses.
    Well, considering how many people there are who like to share their views on video games on the internet, one would assume that there would be some good quality ones too.

Good luck finding them though.

• That's probably the best (at least top 3) bits of media output from Geeknights I've ever seen. All that editing and production practice talking about cartoons and anime, the stuff I never watch, has paid off.
  • That's probably the best (at least top 3) bits of media output from Geeknights I've ever seen. All that editing and production practice talking about cartoons and anime, the stuff I never watch, has paid off.

Everyone knows this is #1, so what is the other one in your top 3?
  • I mean non-podcast episode media. Let me say it's in the top 3 YouTube videos/panel videos category.
  • This is one of the best videos you've ever made Rym. Informative, brilliant, decisive in narrowing down all the aspects of FNAF. Favorited, Liked, and Shared on Social Media.
  • This is one of the best videos you've ever made Rym. Informative, brilliant, decisive in narrowing down all the aspects of FNAF. Favorited, Liked, and Shared on Social Media.
  • edited March 2015
    Could have been better with less Rym's face and shorter IMO, but otherwise very welldone video.

Favourite part was the audio isolation magic.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • MATATAT said:
    I'd watch it.
  • It'll probably just be cheap jump scares. Not actually scary.
  • From what I've heard about the game and the game's back story, this is perfect movie material. They could make it for about three million, and as it has a built in audience, they are almost sure to make that back in no time.

• Here is a trailer for a fan movie.
  • From what I've heard about the game and the game's back story, this is perfect movie material. They could make it for about three million, and as it has a built in audience, they are almost sure to make that back in no time.

Yeah, you could easily turn all the mythology into a movie. The writing is on the wall. My main concern is how much of the entire franchise do the put into one movie. As with all Horror movies, studios will make sequels. Do we split between 1, 2, and 3 respectively? We need to emphasize on telling the story of how all the parts come into place, because if we were to copy directly from FNAF, we'd have another Paranormal Activity type flick.

My only ask is to use real live, god-damn animatronics. And you only need three really solid actors to play The Purple Man, The Security Guard, and Man Over The Phone.
  • Another trailer from the fan movie I posted earlier.

• I highly doubt it's the final chapter. They can't stop milking that cow.