This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Doctor Who SPOILER

13»

Comments

• Hey guys, if I want to get into DW, where do I start? I once tried to get into it with the first season and got bored, but have since heard that that is not the best introduction to the series.
  • Hey guys, if I want to get into DW, where do I start? I once tried to get into it with the first season and got bored, but have since heard that that is not the best introduction to the series.
    That's how I did it, but if you're not enjoying it then the current Season 5 is probably also a good place to start.
    If you want to watch ALL of DW, then give the 4th doctor a try, and if he's not to your taste, keep sampling other doctors. Ninth and tenth doctors are quite good, too, and the Tenth was practically MADE for people coming to the series fresh, while still catering to long-term fans of the universe.
    This guy have the right idea of where to start when it comes to Doctor Who :D
  • This guyhave the right idea of where to start when it comes to Doctor Who :D
    Oh nice, I definitely trust Anthony Burch's opinion. His seems to echo what you guys are thinking too, how the newer series caters to newcomers. I'll start watching once I finish Buffy.
  • This guyhave the right idea of where to start when it comes to Doctor Who :D
    Oh nice, I definitely trust Anthony Burch's opinion. His seems to echo what you guys are thinking too, how the newer series caters to newcomers. I'll start watching once I finish Buffy.
    Is anyone familiar with his and his sister's videos "Hey Ash Watcha Playin"?
  • Is anyone familiar with his and his sister's videos "Hey Ash Watcha Playin"?
    That's how I know about him, haha. My friends are actually in the same Japanese class as Ashley.
  • I was introduced to their videos by a friend who works for Destructoid. My wife somewhat idolizes Ash, which is scary, very very scary.
  • If anyone out there is fan from the "Classic" series there is an even in New York involving the 7th Doctor.
  • The best part of the Dalek episode, IMHO, was the development of Amy Pond. I like her as a companion. She has a true connection with the doctor, but she is not a hopelessly lost puppy like Martha Jones. (I know... Martha's character has changed since then.) Amy Pond is intelligent, caring, and strong. This really came across in the episode. I think they have found a very good balance. She is a lot like Rose Tyler, whereas Martha Jones and Donna Noble were more to an extreme. I liked Donna Noble a lot, but I wouldn't want every companion to be like her.
  • True, Amy Pond is shaping up to be a great companion.
  • Talking to a co-worker who is a fan of Doctor Who, and had seen the first episode on BBC America. I told him that while RTD's version of the Doctor made me feel like a fan, Stephen Moffatt's version is making me feel like a kid again.
  • The future Doctor Who video game, will be part of the series cannon. It looks like the Daleks have invaded Earth back in 1963 and totally destroyed it Now Amy is the last survivor of the human race and they have to travel to Skaro in order to save humanity. I thought Skaro was destroyed in flames along with Gallifrey in the Last Great Time War. I know that they are back but how are they going to bring Skaro back? I am so glad that the game is going to be for both MAC and PC. June can't come fast enough :P
  • The latest Doctor Who episode was bloody fantastic!
    Can't wait for 26 06 2010!