This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• edited April 2015
    So the Minecraft contest has closed and two very good versions of the Houses of Parliament popped up to rival my CCTV tower. (So I'll not look like a bully.)

The winner will be decided by a public vote.

The boo-yah here is that they have decided to make videos of the buildings for the public to vote on rather than a series of pictures. This is great because mine is a piece of theatre in comparison! For example I have a "messy plant room" with redstone doors that opens up like curtains into a vast space. And in front of you are two buttons. One activates a water spout but te other one activates pistons slowly progressing around the room which draws your eye across the space. My rivals are pretty much externals only.

The fail is how I found about them making videos. A lady, who I suspect made one of the two good Houses of Parliament, was asking them on twitter when the vote would be live. She has 20k twitter followers... My online audience is minimal in comparison.
    Post edited by Totally Guy on
  • So the Minecraft contest has closed and two very good versions of the Houses of Parliament popped up to rival my CCTV tower. (So I'll not look like a bully.)

The winner will be decided by a public vote.

The boo-yah here is that they have decided to make videos of the buildings for the public to vote on rather than a series of pictures. This is great because mine is a piece of theatre in comparison! For example I have a "messy plant room" with redstone doors that opens up like curtains into a vast space. And in front of you are two buttons. One activates a water spout but te other one activates pistons slowly progressing around the room which draws your eye across the space. My rivals are pretty much externals only.

The fail is how I found about them making videos. A lady, who I suspect made one of the two good Houses of Parliament, was asking them on twitter when the vote would be live. She has 20k twitter followers... My online audience is minimal in comparison.

Where does one go to vote?
  • They are taking some time to make the videos. I'll follow it up when it goes live. :)
  • edited April 2015
    Boo-yah: Recently got notified that I've been nominated for the Seattle Federal Executive Board’s Public Service Award for your outstanding contributions to upholding superior customer service within the VA.
    Apparently this is a yearly thing. I was so not expecting this. I feel very humbled and honored.

Fail: I probably shouldn't be wearing jeans to the ceremony.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Fail: Got a D in Macroeconomics
    Boo-Yah: Don't have to re-take it to take my marketing classes.
  • Fail: Got a D in Macroeconomics

You know this will be used against you in the next political discussion :-p
  • Cremlian said:

Fail: Got a D in Macroeconomics

You know this will be used against you in the next political discussion :-p
    Well I can understand the broad strokes but if you ask me to apply it I'm a little stumped. Just remember "D's get degrees" and I don't plan on making that a habit.
  • I did a Homer Simpson and beat all the younger generation in the Minecraft contest.

http://www.ciob.org/media-centre/news/winner-ciob-minecraft-competition-announced

Still a somewhat pyrrhic victory in that I was not competing against any of my industry peers and none of the very talented Minecraft people you see on YouTube were well connected enough to my industry to find out about the contest.

Oh well, can't blame the player, lets blame the game.
  • edited May 2015
    Oh wow. You DESTROYED them. Good job! This seriously makes me want to start up another FRCF minecraft server.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I still have a server running...
  • What did you win? Was there a prize?
  • An iPad! It should be in the mail.
  • http://www.citb.co.uk/news-events/could-minecraft-help-fill-construction-skills-gap/

This article just popped up... It's a bad article, basically cannibalising the first one. It make some strange leaps and misapplies my quotes to get things wrong. Oh dear.
  • edited August 2015
    Ikatono said:
    You're reading the wrong sub. r/News was firmly on the side of "Fucking duh it's unconstitutional," and generally being sympathetic to the homeless.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • It wasn't quite as bad as I though, it turned out I got Poe'd by one the commenters.
  • So, our company has been invited to speak at SXSW. However, it is "only" the eco version not the main event, also I don't get to go :(.
  • Fail: Fired.
    Boo-Yah: Immediately got a call about a pizza delivery job.
  • Boo-Yah: I'm delivering pizzas.

Fail: I'm delivering pizzas.
  • Does that mean "Boo-yah I got a job, fail the job I got"?
  • Does that mean "Boo-yah I got a job, fail the job I got"?

Pretty much.
  • InDesign corrupted the file of my RPG today (the Fail) but I had backups (The Boo-yah) which meant that I only needed to spend a few hours on a thing I thought I was finished instead of a billion. (Still a Fail)
  • Boo-yah: scored 20ml of cyanoacrylate at the hardware store.

Fail: Bought the wrong screws.
  • Fail: The Bank 2, Oxygen Sensor 1 on my Sable died. This is in a very bad place but it had to be replaced to fuel economy would have been HORRIBLE (or, you know, a bit worse for my V6 3.0 liter car).
    Boo-Yah: My mechanic had me tune up his computer while he was working and called it even!
  • I'm flying out to France today for a month-long research visit.

The flight is 26h20m all up, consisting of three legs...
  • I'm flying out to France today for a month-long research visit.

The flight is 26h20m all up, consisting of three legs...

It's not that bad I watch a bunch of movies and go through at least a book or more.
    Flight service is usually really good as well, keep hydrated.
  • edited November 2015
    Pretty much. Keep hydrated, walk around and stretch some. If you're gonna joint the mile high club solo aviation division, don't hold up the line for the lav. And take a chapstick. Not to the lav, just on the flight.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I've been on long flights before; chapstick is a great idea.

The crazy storm today delayed my flight and made me unable to make my connection, so I'm staying in Melbourne overnight and arriving 24 hours later than originally intended.

Not really a big deal though.
  • Lost my wallet on the way to the grocery store tonight and didn't notice it until I got there. I retraced my steps a few times to check if I could find it, but no luck. Checked my apartment in case I didn't actually bring it with me; nothing. So I go to the police station around the corner and as soon as they saw me they asked if I was here about the wallet. I check to make sure everything's in order (it is), and I'm on my way.

Less that five minutes after my wallet fell out of my pocket, it was at the police station with nothing missing. Thank you Japan.
  • I went to the company ball which every year has a surprise theme. This year the theme was St. Patrick's Day and they brought in an Irish band.

Because we're a construction company me and my fiance Laura requested this song:

But they didn't know it. But they asked us is we did. Laura said that we did and next thing I knew they were announcing us.

The fail was that I forgot the words around the middle and so did Laura. So we had a couple of seconds of panic until I jumped prematurely into the next verse.

But after that everyone was saying how brave and good we were and nobody really seemed to notice the fuck up. So it's a boo-yah after all.