This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Early 80s MTV

edited February 2007 in News
My brother-in-law, Freddie Catalfo, just put these up on Youtube. He was the lead singer for a band in the early 80s, and submitted this
video to MTV's "Basement Tapes". Then the band actually won the "Basement Tapes".

Recently, he did a parody of "The DaVinci Code" called "The Norman Rockwell Code". There's a trailer here.

Comments

• 80's MTV... Martha Quinn where have you gone?
  • Martha Quinn was awfully cute in a girl-next-door way, but my first teen lust on MTV was for Nina Blackwood. How wrong I was, looking back on it now.
  • The really easy thing to say about MTV is that I wish they'd still actually play videos.
  • Freddie's been making films again:

• The really easy thing to say about MTV is that I wish they'd still actually play videos.
    You have no idea how much I agree.
    When did it become RealityShowTV?
    You have no idea how much I agree.
    When did it become RealityShowTV?
    From '83 to about '88 (when the other shows started to make appearances), it was all videos, all the time. That wasn't necessarily good all the time, but you knew that when you switched it over there, they'd be playing actual videos.
  • I was luck to be stationed overseas during the "Yo MTV Raps" era. The UK version of MTV was all Heavy Metal and Techno then.
  • The UK version of MTV was all Heavy Metal and Techno then.
    In the year 2000, MTV Europe still was.
  • I was luck to be stationed overseas during the "Yo MTV Raps" era. The UK version of MTV was all Heavy Metal and Techno then.
    MTV Raps was (at least early on) one of the best/only things MTV had going for it. Despite what you all might think of Dr.Dre's music he had a great ear for stuff back then, he was probably the best VJ they ever had.