This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• Say Uncle.
    Wat. Meta jokes everywhere.
    Someone also needs to make a 'deal with it' gif of Amythist with the glasses.
  • Thank you, internet.
    Thank you.
  • edited May 2015
    Adam, don't watch these until you're caught up.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Say Uncle.
    Wat. Meta jokes everywhere.
    Someone also needs to make a 'deal with it' gif of Amythist with the glasses.

Maybe Im wierd, But "Say Uncle" was my least favorite episode of the series. I just dont particularly find the Uncle Grandpa character or show particularly funny.
  • edited May 2015

Maybe Im wierd, But "Say Uncle" was my least favorite episode of the series. I just dont particularly find the Uncle Grandpa character or show particularly funny.

You're not alone. Uncle Grandpa is one of CN's more polarizing originals.

Thankfully, the episode is non-canon, so you can skip over it and not miss anything.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • edited May 2015
    I'm not a fan of UG either, but the episode amused me. Particularly 'not canon' and "our ship!"
    I just watched the Story for Steven and something just clicked for me:
    Sour cream and onion.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on

• Sour cream and onion.

"And Vidalia!"
  • Adam, don't watch these until you're caught up.

I just watched all of them.
    That was amazing.

• edited May 2015

I'm not a fan of UG either, but the episode amused me. Particularly 'not canon' and "our ship!"
    Sour cream and onion.

Ok, admittedly, the, "don't worry, Its not canon" line got a laugh out of me.

Post edited by edifolco25 on
  • I'm not a fan of UG either, but the episode amused me. Particularly 'not canon' and "our ship!"
    Sour cream and onion.

For some reason, I couldn't stop laughing when Amethyst tripped over the "Y"
  • edited May 2015
    My favorite moment was AMETHYST!!!!

I just watched all of them.
    That was amazing.

• Pearl's blubbering when her head reattaches is my favorite bit.
  • Dr. Who Pearl was exactly what I thought at that moment in the show.
  • I'm not a fan of UG either, but the episode amused me. Particularly 'not canon' and "our ship!"
    Sour cream and onion.

My favorite gag was Mr. Gus having his own Gemsona. Those guys know Tumblr.
  • edited May 2015
    I do enjoy that keep beach city weird is a real thing.

I was thinking I could probbaly pull off a Ronaldo Cosplay if I had to. That or like, Sour Cream.

I do enjoy doing the Brian Posehn impression.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • Give it a decade or two and I could be Greg, if I learn how to play guitar.
  • Did anyone else latch on to Jasper's comment about "A defective pearl" a few episodes back?
    I wonder if she meant that there are more pearls out there, and if Pearl is actually 'defective' or if Jasper just sees her that way.
  • It could also be a pun about how she defected.
  • ThatGent said:

It could also be a pun about how she defected.

I like that idea, but I think she really meant that Pearl was a "defective pearl". I keep thinking back to the Lion 3 Straight to Video episode. Rose was talking about how amazing life on earth is because they have a unique experience. That makes me think that Gem culture is centered around the practice of cloning. Gems may even be assigned a role in society based on what they are. Not a lot of free will.

Jasper and Amethyst share a lot of similar qualities. Jasper calls her an "over cooked runt". Maybe the kinder-garden on earth was being used to created a lot of Jaspers and Amethyst was a Jasper cooked too long. Amethyst's "hole" is much deeper in the earth than all the others.
  • The clone idea is popular in the fandom.
  • I like that idea, but I think she really meant that Pearl was a "defective pearl". I keep thinking back to the Lion 3 Straight to Video episode. Rose was talking about how amazing life on earth is because they have a unique experience. That makes me think that Gem culture is centered around the practice of cloning. Gems may even be assigned a role in society based on what they are. Not a lot of free will

Yeah I'm thinking something like that. Like a Cylon sort of situation, where there are a fixed amount of designs. It also reminds me of the Invader Zim clone-based society.
  • edited May 2015
    Sadie is utterly adorable.
  • I had another thought while ruminating on the show:
    I wonder if Amethyst's attempts at getting Greg's attention was because she desired a real connection with anyone, because she admired him from pre-Steven times, or because she actually wanted some kind of romantic relationship with him.
    We've seen her past and the link to her long hair, and her attempts to keep him watching Tiny Butler basically forever. I can't decide if her need for his attention is because she has such a hard time making connections with anyone or if she's trying to reach or to him for something deeper.
  • There may have been a romantic connection, but I think it was more that she felt like she was losing him to Rose, even just as a friend.
  • Maybe she viewed him as a father figure, since she viewed Rose as a mother figure.
  • Maybe she viewed him as a father figure, since she viewed Rose as a mother figure.

^This

My guess is that she liked him as a friend from their first meeting, but didn't really start hanging out with him until after Rose was gone. Greg mentioned that they watched Lil Butler when Steven was a baby.

I guess she was trying to find the same attention Rose gave her from somebody, but everyone was probably too busy mourning Rose/taking care of baby Steven.

• I don't really have much experience listening to Aziz Ansari but this is bretty gud:

• Hey @Victor Frost, you tell r/stevenuniverse about the new Steven Bomb and you don't tell your FRC bros?

Disrespected.