This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Santa Claus banned from saying "Ho Ho Ho" in Australia

edited November 2007 in News
Santa Clauses in Australia aren't allowed to say "Ho Ho Ho" in Australia because they may frighten children and it may be considered derogatory towards women.

Yeah... that's just stupid.

Comments

• I hoped you were joking. You weren't. Pleh.. Australia is becoming more retarded every day.
  • I hoped you were joking. You weren't. Pleh.. Australia is becoming more retarded every day.
    See? It's not just America. Everyone needs to stop with fucking hyperbole when it comes to our(American) government, Joe. It's not just ours, it's everyones.
  • I think England and America have together the largest problem in the area of political correctness overriding common sense.
    [Yet again my spell checker's on the blink. Apologies.]
  • Point of having a Santa bellowing HO HO HO around small children:

TO SCARE THEM

I dunno, I've always thought that scared children is the point of having Santa. God, I was scared of Santa when I was a child - though, weirdly, I found out several years that the one Santa I cried for was my dad. o.o The rest just made me not wanna get near them.
  • It's not our government doing it, it's a specific company.
  • See? It's not just America. Everyone needs to stop with fucking hyperbole when it comes to our(American) government, Joe. It's not just ours, it's everyones.
    Just because there are equally bad or worse governments, it doesn't make anything any better on an absolute scale. The will to constantly improve and fight falling back is what causes progress.
  • This is what happens when a country looks up to American politics. US has minor influence here too.
  • edited November 2007
    See? It's not just America. Everyone needs to stop with fucking hyperbole when it comes to our(American) government, Joe. It's not just ours, it's everyones.
    Gagging Santa Claus != torture + illegal pre-emptive war + use of a private mercenary army + the most significant loss of civil liberties in American History since the first Adams administration.

Sadly, WiP, it's not hyperbole. Hasn't your Governor been publicly praying for rain?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Sadly, WiP, it's not hyperbole. Hasn't your Governor been publicly praying for rain?
    I am NOT a Georgia resident...
  • Hasn't your Governor been publicly praying for rain?
    The people of GA wanted a show, and he's giving it to them. I can't fault the governor for that. It's probably as effective as any other way to get it to rain, and better for him than telling the truth: it will rain eventually, unless it doesn't.
  • I hate political correctness! We aren't Soviet Russia! We have freedom of speech! Who cares if you hurt someones feelings! Freedom of Speech!