This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Pearl is just grade A cray with a dose of EXTREME THIRST and manic obsession with someone who is now manifest in the form of a little boy.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • edited June 2015
    Onion slapping the mic out of Ronaldo's hand, pretty much sums up how I felt about the entire episode of Rising Tides Crashing Skies.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Peridot is awesome.
  • edited June 2015
    Some of ypu probably saw by now, but iTunes made today's episode, We Need To Talk, available already, along with yesterday's.

Major episode. Y'all can't even understand till you see it.

Edit: also apparently on Amazon.

Also I was up all night because I happened to get the email about it right before going to bed... and failed at sleep after that.
  • I'm downloading it right now *nervous*
  • edited June 2015
    SWATrous said:

Some of ypu probably saw by now, but iTunes made today's episode, We Need To Talk, available already, along with yesterday's.

Major episode. Y'all can't even understand till you see it.

Edit: also apparently on Amazon.

Also I was up all night because I happened to get the email about it right before going to bed... and failed at sleep after that.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uf5lo

Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • just saw "we need to talk". I'm glad i didn't see it before going to bed lol! man.....I want to hear those 3 really long stories now :)
  • edited June 2015
    I'm glad that I can just post these instead of having to type out my opinion on episodes, hehe.

The editing in this one is very light just because of how long it took to write the script. I had to have a long think on this one which ultimately resulted in me starting to write at 10pm, film at 12am, edit at 1am, render at 2:45am, and start the upload at 3:30am. Gives you an idea of how long it takes to make one of these, considering I was able to watch the episode at 4:30PM, a solid hour and a half before it aired in my time zone. Maybe I'll timelapse the making of tonight's episode.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Greg is one really guy.
  • "One really guy"?
  • That Utena movie reference. :D
  • "One really guy"?

One really cool guy.. I meant...
  • I found a webm on /sug/ and this is probably the best gifsound I've made:

https://gifsound.com/?webm=i.4cdn.org/co/1434680040111&v=yD_kCKiSkoI&s=8
  • edited June 2015
    That is one corrupted webm.
    Also, Pearl is saltier than the rim of a margarita.

EDIT: Oh jeeze. I just finished making today's SUU episode and I suddenly have a fridge moment. This episode is HUGE for Rose's character development and I completely missed it until now. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffuck. I'll probably write a comment about it.

You mean the dance on the lighted platform?

You mean the dance on the lighted platform?

OOO!!!! I went and re-watched that part and now i see it hehe
  • edited June 2015

That is one corrupted webm.
    Also, Pearl is saltier than the rim of a margarita.

EDIT: Oh jeeze. I just finished making today's SUU episode and I suddenly have a fridge moment. This episode is HUGE for Rose's character development and I completely missed it until now. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffuck. I'll probably write a comment about it.

Looking forward to it.

And tonights episode as well. And then your take on it.

In other news, considering doing fanart of this show because damnit, I need to learn to draw again and I need a fresh take.
  • Pearl and Rose surfing on a Pizza slice. Love it.
  • Jeez, CN is gonna be relentless with the Steven Bombs this Summer!

• I'm excite.
  • Ah. I'm gonna be in Connecticut still that Monday and Tuesday.
  • What I've learned:
    - Pearl's relationship with Rose was clearly romantic, at least in one direction.
    - Pearl's dedication is downright suicidal, but i think (hope) that Connie and Steven toned it down a bit.
    - I think we'll see more of Amythist trying to come to terms with her creation.
    - Connie is holding Rose's sword in the opening.
    - I still hate Raynoldo for so many reasons.
    - There are pretty intense implications about what the gem home world is doing. I think that the gems are suffering heavy losses, and that's why they're turning to the horrible gem shard experiments.
    - There are hints of how Steven actually came into being, but it's still not entirely clear.
    - Rose is far less prefect a being than was shown earlier in the show. Her lack of understanding of humanity was really interesting to see.
  • edited June 2015
    Knocked this out today.

• Gotta love those pipes~ Nice work!

I do very much like the new songs that have come out of the Steven Bomb. Even moreso than "Do it for Her", though, I really liked "What Can I Do for You?" Partly because that title immediately gave me FFX-2 flashbacks (sh-shut up! I liked that game!), partly because I loved how Rose and Greg sang on it, and partly because of all the business with Pearl and Rainbow Quartz and such.

Also enjoyed the demo version that's up on Rob Sugar's channel. Very sweet:

• No.
    God no.
    No.
    Uh-uh.
    Nope.
  • I just found out that mah boy Lamar Abrams also works on this show. It's like the entire team is NYC all stars.