This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Live at ConnectiCon 2015

GeekNights is performing live at ConnectiCon 2015!

Thursday

Why No One Will Game with You

6:30pm - 7:30pm

Special Events 2 (Marriott - no badge needed)

Saturday

Analyzing Anime: Utena

9:20am - 10:20am

Dragon (CTCC MR 15-17)

The History of Losing

2:00pm - 3:00pm

Kraken (CTCC MR 11-13)

Five Nights at Freddy’s Live

9:00pm - 9:40pm

Phoenix (CTCC MR 24-25)

Why Five Nights at Freddy’s is Scary

9:40pm - 10:40pm

Phoenix (CTCC MR 24-25)

Sunday

Foreign Anime Openers

10:20am - 11:40am

Dragon (CTCC MR 15-17)

There are tons of other panels! Also great screenings and ridiculous gaming.

Source Link

Comments

• The fact that I got the big panel room is pretty bizarre. This is gonna be a good weekend.
  • Jordan O. said:

The fact that I got the big panel room is pretty bizarre. This is gonna be a good weekend.

You earned/deserve it. Go nuts.

(It's not really a big deal.)
  • Apreche said:

Jordan O. said:

The fact that I got the big panel room is pretty bizarre. This is gonna be a good weekend.

You earned/deserve it. Go nuts.

(It's not really a big deal.)
    Big panel rooms went to:

1. Guests that will be a big draw

2. Panels that, based on the data from the last two years, are likely to be a big draw

3. Once guests are done being scheduled, the best panel in any timeslot that had a larger room available at the same time

• I'm just kinda hoping I don't end up in the awkward situation where nobody shows up at all...
  • I'm just kinda hoping I don't end up in the awkward situation where nobody shows up at all...

Dude, that's even happened to us. Cons with TONS of panel slots, and tiny cons: that's a real danger no matter how good a panel is.

You forget it, and you still add that panel to the list of panels you've done.
  • Or, use the opportunity to get a really good video of yourself running the panel.
  • Rock the empty room and get people to start walking in and sitting down.
  • Rock the empty room and get people to start walking in and sitting down.
    Seriously this happened to me at Zenkaikon, I started on time and pretended people were in the room then managed to fill it up once people saw me doing my bit.
  • if you don't have the courage to do the empty room, how can you have the courage to do the full room?
  • Empty room is better than one person.

It takes a powerful force of will to do a panel for one person.
  • Rym said:

Empty room is better than one person.

It takes a powerful force of will to do a panel for one person.

I also did that at Con Bravo, sadly no one else came until the last 10 minutes.