This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Hethalos said:

I hope this isn't too much work, but I was wondering if there could be a feature for the Podcasts that allows the listener to skip into a particular section.

This now exists for the web interface of the podcast app I use, called Overcast. Try out this link:

https://overcast.fm/podcasts/episode/41116925822978?t=1234

That should take you to second 1234 of the latest Culture podcast we did on the SFBRP. More time formats to follow, I guess, like YouTube.
  • Monday Show: Have you talked about Magic? I just heard of it for the first time today, and I'm not sure if it's awesome or shady.
  • UncleUlty said:

Monday Show: Have you talked about Magic? I just heard of it for the first time today, and I'm not sure if it's awesome or shady.

Hhhhmmmmm......
  • UncleUlty said:

Monday Show: Have you talked about Magic? I just heard of it for the first time today, and I'm not sure if it's awesome or shady.

Don't know if awesome or skeeziest skeezyness....
  • edited February 2015
    I found out about this late yesterday, and I've been looking into it and had local friends checking on the ground - Apparently, it's on the up-and-up. They reportedly deliver as promised. I can't tell if there's something else sketchy going on beyond it(ala uber), but at this point, it seems the company does actually exist, and does deliver as promised.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Since you have to pay for what you wish for, it's not quite Singularity Sky, but man would that be awesome...
  • A show on the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise.

We have something big long in the works re: FNAF. I'm currently trying to finish it and get a draft version together to review.

Bigger than a GeekNights episode. ;^)

• That means he's doing a panel for PAX. :P

There's your show.

I talk a little about FNAF3 tonight on the regular show as well.
  • edited March 2015
    Game etiquette. Work place etiquette. Con etiquette.

Nerd Culture V. Social Norms

Shows worth a second viewing.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • A show on the Long Now Foundation.
  • What technology should kids be required to have in school, such as tablet, laptop, arduino, or anything? When should the be required to have it, such as primary or secondary school? Why should they be required to have it, such as learning to program, developing applications, understanding how technology functions, or just saving the trees?
  • Tiger handhelds!
  • Starfox said:

Tiger handhelds!

They were terrible wastes of time from the moment they were released. Horrible pieces of shit. Not worth owning in any way.

I pity the kids who had them and had to pretend they weren't terrible.

• Rym said:

I pity the kids who had them and had to pretend they weren't terrible.

I had them and I also had a game boy. My critical mind hadn't quite developed to the point that I could articulate the difference, but it was felt at a gut level.
  • What happened to the “Geek Fables” segment?
  • Keep kinda relevant to the whole reddit debacle and do Monday's episode on obesity/HAES.
  • You both have your finger on the pulse of so much, what about a show on the best skills and practices for being an informed nerd.
  • Gateway81 said:

You both have your finger on the pulse of so much, what about a show on the best skills and practices for being an informed nerd.

Read Internet 24/7.
  • Interview: Max Keiser of Keiser Reports.
  • Did you guys ever do an episode on the diamond industry? I did not see anything on google about it.

At one point you seemed really excited to do one.
  • Would like to hear you guys talk about agile software development methodologies - both of you have a vast IT experience, I'm sure you have opinions on that topic to share :)
  • Have you guys considered doing a regular Youtube show, maybe something based on board games?

While I still listen to the podcast, lately it sounds like you're having trouble coming up with new topics for the show.
  • They just recently talked about doing a show on board games possibly on the "unlost episode".

Also I don't know how much Rym knows about software development cycles. Yes he works in software, but hes more of a technology guy I believe.
  • I am a product manager. My life is understanding software development cycles.
  • Well I stand corrected.
  • I too am getting into the SDC realm and the lookout is murky.
  • I've been watching the Daily Show marathon, which you can catch at cc.com/events/month-of-zen/live.html and it's been crazy seeing and remembering 2000 and 2001. A show looking at how much tech has changed over the years, and even moreso how culture and how we talk might make for a fascinating Thursday episode.