This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• Apreche said:

I just found out that mah boy Lamar Abrams also works on this show. It's like the entire team is NYC all stars.

This show is AAA people making AAA content. Same tier as Adventure Time seasons 2 onward.
  • Rym said:

Apreche said:

I just found out that mah boy Lamar Abrams also works on this show. It's like the entire team is NYC all stars.

This show is AAA people making AAA content. Same tier as Adventure Time seasons 2 onward.
    We currently have 4 cartoons going at AAA Capacity. Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, and Gravity Falls. It's a great time to love cartoons.
  • The Amazing World of Gumball and Teen Titans GO are easily A-AA range in addition. If we count anime, then Ore Monogatari is the tip of an iceberg.
  • Is it me or is Adventure Time is slipping away from a AAA series? Not from AAA to AA, just from AAA to... something else entirely. I feel the days of it being mainstream awesome show are something it has moved beyond, and is now just its own thing. It grew a lot and now seems to be wandering around in its own stratospheric domain. Which is awesome btw.

SU is still climbing, it has places yet to go and whole dynamics we probably havn't even seen revealed yet. If Rebecca Sugar considers the 2nd season (that just started) to be the beginning of the 'actual show, then thay means who knows what will be going on by season 3-4. I wonder though at what point it might reach the ratified atmosphere and not remember what shit even looks like, to reference Layer Cake.

As far as talent on the show, Ian J Q leaving might mean good things for his other stuff, I wonder how much of his influence on SU will be felt by its absense.

This was all I could think of during "Sworn to the Sword", and lo, Tumblr provided.

• Nice mass.
  • Sensei Pearl is the best Sensei
  • Pearl needs to answer Steven's actual question. Don't dance around it Pierogi.
  • Extended theme song at SDCC.

• edited July 2015
    Oh mans. That was great. The pilot also has Steven singing the full version. I always wondered if the show would ever use the full song.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • In the panel Rebecca implied that SBomb3 will be more intense than 2 was. Or she could be just hyping it up lol....but I believe her and I will show up prepared with my fav blankie & box of tissues
  • There's no way it doesn't get more intense. We're all gonna die.
  • Yep we ded now.
  • My 12yr old niece actually screamed when it ended and she realized we'd have to wait 24 hours lol
  • edited July 2015
    The show crew continue to be giant weebs and also hint that, yes, we are all gonna die.

EDIT: Also, speaking of weeb-ish-ness, that Classroom Gems short is a direct reference to the Gunbuster science lessons.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • More like Stevangelion, amirite?
  • So which gem is the Key Stone in Keystone Motel?
  • NOTHING I OWN IS SHOWING SU.
    NOTHING.
  • Square Pizza!
  • edited July 2015

Seriously, I would cosplay as Sardonyx just to have a reason to be as goddamned bombastic as her.
    Also, dat shoulder shimmy from Pearl. Hot.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on

• Sardonyx in a nutshell.
  • I know, that laugh is amazing.
  • I want Vidalia's recipe for noodles and butter.
  • I want Vidalia's recipe for noodles and butter.

-Take some noodles.
    -Take some butter.
    -Cook them.
  • edited July 2015
    You forgot.

- a pinch of Love
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited July 2015
    I love how this episode confirms one of my favorite fan theories.

Post edited by Victor Frost on