This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2015

1234568»

Comments

• The law will not affect con policy: we will ban ecigs inside the con forever unless there is startling new research showing they are literally harmless.
  • edited July 2015
    Even if harmless they can be annoying. I don't mind too much but I know some people do, and that's enough to at least say "hey we don't want that here."
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • Victor, someone came to con feedback and said, "bring back the guy that did the Monster Girls panel!"

What.

What.

• Victor, someone came to con feedback and said, "bring back the guy that did the Monster Girls panel!"

What.

What.

No really you were the most requested person they want to see again.
  • Coldguy said:

Victor, someone came to con feedback and said, "bring back the guy that did the Monster Girls panel!"

What.

What.

No really you were the most requested person they want to see again.
    For serious...Rym, guest panel next year? :P
  • edited July 2015
    Oh seeing Coldguy's post reminded me that his Action Castle panel made me feel old because now I realize how little of the Connecticon demographic actually has any idea what a parser game is or how it works. ;-P

Not that it wasn't a great panel, and a funny panel. It just made me feel old.
    Post edited by muppet on

What.

What.

Was there. Can confirm. Also, was told that while we "didn't have enough Steven Universe content", "The one guy who did do stuff was amazing".
  • Seriously Victor, you had the Steven Universe panel dancing to your tune. It was a beautiful thing.
  • I have no words.
  • I have no words.

That's how I feel every time people say I do a good job with my panels.
  • You have lots of words. Good words. That's why people enjoyed your show. I only saw a small fraction, and I thought you two where doing a killer job.
  • Why are you surprised? You're a talented guy who has put in a ton of work and have had numerous fans int he past. And then you find a new audience, and they are also fans. Accumulating fans is what you do!
  • Luke, dude, you're an awesome talented guy and have been performing much longer than I have, so maybe you're used to this... but this is never gonna be not weird to me. I mean, it's awesome, and I'm glad people like what I do, but I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around being THAT GUY. The guy with fans and people asking to take photos with and to sign things.... it's fuckin weird.
  • For me it's never not been weird, but it does become less surprising. The first time someone wanted an autograph, I said no, but then soon worked out after asking other more famous people (famous within subcultures, that is) that not signing autographs or doing photos is more of a dick move.

To make sure it never becomes not-weird, I always presume someone doesn't know my name or who I am the first time I meet them or talk to them. Most of the time someone will say "I know who you are" but I'd rather be the type of person to sound like I'm not sure if I'm famous than the person who presumes I'm famous. I met someone once who presumed he was famous, and he said he liked my show, and then when I asked him his name, he made a joke and gave me a fake name. I thought "Wait, I'm sure it was something else" but just nodded. I think he thought I was making a joke about not knowing who he was. And now, for the life of me, I can't remember his name.
  • From last year:
  • Rym said:

The law will not affect con policy: we will ban ecigs inside the con forever unless there is startling new research showing they are literally harmless.

Yup. E-cigs are not allowed at ConnectiCon. Convention policy.
  • edited July 2015
    Oh, Kristen, by the by, my lil bro was amazed by how spot on your Disgust cosplay was. I concur.
    CTCon Cosplay

Clicking the link takes you to the whole album of CTCon Cosplays. The other album I took from Connecticut was a whole bunch of awesome graffiti at this skatepark I found walking to my hotel monday night.
    Hartford Graffitti
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Oh, Kristen, by the by, my lil bro was amazed by how spot on your Disgust cosplay was. I concur.

YES!! Great pic, and thanks!!
  • I might have to miss CTcon 2016 to go to my cousin's wedding. :'(