This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2016 Presidential Election

Comments

• Oh I'll vote for Sanders, but I recognize that my vote will only highlight my support for his progressive ideas, which will promptly be ignored by whomever gets the nod (probably Hillary, but if some crazy scandal happens then one of the other not Bernie Sanders candidates running right now).
  • I will gladly be voting Sanders in the primary.
  • While I don't think Sanders will get the Presidential nomination, I'd still like to see his as a VP.
  • VP would be a disaster. He'd have no power. He'd be more valuable staying in the Senate.
  • Greg said:

VP would be a disaster. He'd have no power. He'd be more valuable staying in the Senate.

• He would only work as a VP if his running mate were to have a tragic accident.
  • I love the absurd, and the Donald's announcement hit all my buttons. It was the greatest announcment since forever. I wish I was there, but reading a fact-checker has me in tears. I haven't laughed so hard all week. "GDP below zero" and "Literally a tractor" are instant classics.

Man, I can't stop laughing. Literally a tractor. Vrooooooom. Hahahaha.
  • Banta said:

I love the absurd, and the Donald's announcement hit all my buttons. It was the greatest announcment since forever. I wish I was there, but reading a fact-checker has me in tears. I haven't laughed so hard all week. "GDP below zero" and "Literally a tractor" are instant classics.

Man, I can't stop laughing. Literally a tractor. Vrooooooom. Hahahaha.

""When did we beat Japan at anything?"

1945."

• It's not often a candidate tries to emphasis how unbelievably rich he is instead of trying to suck up to the middle class. Also apparently he had a speech prepared and he just threw it out the window and just started ranting... I mean, he's crazy but well at least he has the potential of causing the republican primary to react to him..
  • Question: How likely is it that 50.1% of the country (third party voters yay) are gonna be pissed for the coming 4 years?
  • Not nine said:

Question: How likely is it that 50.1% of the country (third party voters yay) are gonna be pissed for the coming 4 years?

Like 100%. Hasn't that pretty much been a constant?
  • Not nine said:

Question: How likely is it that 50.1% of the country (third party voters yay) are gonna be pissed for the coming 4 years?

Like 100%. Hasn't that pretty much been a constant?
    Well, you did have Obama for 8 years. Glad to see the popularity contest is back to its usual.
  • chaosof99 said:
    Did anyone think he was? God I hope Sanders wins
  • I'm ready to go all-in on Sanders.

However, I worry that if he doesn't win the Primary, he may end up splitting the democrat vote Bull Moose Party style, whether he runs in the General as an Independent or not.

That could be the darkest timeline where we get another Republican President.
  • UncleUlty said:

I'm ready to go all-in on Sanders.

However, I worry that if he doesn't win the Primary, he may end up splitting the democrat vote Bull Moose Party style, whether he runs in the General as an Independent or not.

That could be the darkest timeline where we get another Republican President.

He has repeatedly said that he isn't going to run a third party bid if he loses. No one has the power to change his mind. If whoever beats him in the general doesn't have the ability to tap his supporters when the time comes after he endorses them then they deserve to lose.

It is the nature of a two party system, especially in America, that there will be another Republican president eventually.
  • Donald Trump.

You shut your whore mouth. I'd sooner see Hillary in office than that fucker.
  • Alaric728 said:

Did anyone think he was? God I hope Sanders wins.

I agree.
  • I still haven't decided if Donald Trump is the worst or best thing to happen to Jeb Bush. I guess we'll see after that first debate.

But man, that first debate will be popcorn worthy.
  • Being a Bush is both the best and worst thing to happen to Jeb. Trump is just an idiot, who will probably end up causing another US incursion into Mexico when El Chapo kills his ass.
  • Wait... Trump is second in the polls? Oh my god.
  • He's got much better name recognition than every other Republican candidate. In six months when the caucuses are actually upon us he'll likely fall behind Bush and Walker.
  • Wait... Trump is second in the polls? Oh my god.

The GOP lineup is 15 deep. Trump is pulling in a minority of actual folks, but it just seems big because there are so many contenders.
  • Yeah, I see that. Still, it shows just how crazy others in the Republican primaries are if they are thinking: "This blatantly ignorant and racist person is popular among a certain demographic... I want to court the vote of those folks!"
  • Banta said:

Wait... Trump is second in the polls? Oh my god.

The GOP lineup is 15 deep. Trump is pulling in a minority of actual folks, but it just seems big because there are so many contenders.
    18 or 19 deep, actually.
  • Yea that's the danger of a wide field, the wider it is, the more likely a small crazy % can win you an election.
  • Well if Trump actually got the nomination that would be great for whoever ends up running against him.