This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2016 Presidential Election

Comments

• I'd like to see Trump vs Sanders.
  • Elizabeth Warren just made a pretty interesting speech about progressivism.

• I'd like to see Trump vs Sanders.

Electoral college sweep for Sanders.
  • PyreKing said:

I'd like to see Trump vs Sanders.

Electoral college sweep for Sanders.
    It'd be a sweep if it was Trump vs. Clinton. I think the Democrats want Trump to get the nomination just because he'd be such an easy target. He pretty much writes their attack ads for them.
  • Trump vs anyone but Hilter would be a clean sweep for whoever ran against Trump.
  • Cremlian said:

Trump vs anyone but Hilter would be a clean sweep for whoever ran against Trump.

Hitler would get at least 5-10% of the vote though...
  • edited July 2015
    So Trump took a page from goobergate and told his supporters Lindsey Graham's phone number and a "suggestion" that they should call him.

As if I needed another reason to not vote for the man.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • I'm not victim shaming, but I am curious as to what possessed Graham to let Trump have his personal phone number.
  • Rym said:

Cremlian said:

Trump vs anyone but Hilter would be a clean sweep for whoever ran against Trump.

Hitler would get at least 5-10% of the vote though...
    Hitler told it like it was! Straight talk! He wasn't bound to the lamestream media!

• Greg said:

I'm not victim shaming, but I am curious as to what possessed Graham to let Trump have his personal phone number.

Who knows when he actually gave it to him. Politicians probably jump at the chance to give their personal phone numbers to multi-billionaires.

• So now Trump is doxing his opponents?
  • 2bfree said:

So now Trump is doxing his opponents?

I am waiting for a comment made about gamergate at a rally to truely piss the Internet off.
  • Donald Trump has threatened to run as a third-party candidate. Jon Stewart has to be really sad that he's going to be missing out on this.
  • Oh snap.

• Did Micheal Bay go full Fox News? I guess we'll find out in a few months.
  • Man, Jim got hardcore after leaving Dunder Mifflin.
  • The first Republican debates are tonight.

As much fun as watching it live would be, I'm going to wait for the highlights to appear on YouTube.
  • I want to believe that Fox chose today because it's the first day they can do something without getting made of by Jon Stewart.

It's probably not true, but a fun conspiracy theory.
  • I'll be at a concert tonight, so sadly @GenAndyJackson's twitter commentary will have to wait until the next debate.
  • Should I actually watch the GOP debate, or should I just drive a nail through the base of my skull?
  • Definitely the latter.

This is how the GOP works in a nutshell: Am I a bigger curmudgeon than the others? If so, I'm sure to win!
  • The only reason to watch debates is to follow along with Twitter. Since you missed that show, you might as well skip it.
  • I want to believe that Fox chose today because it's the first day they can do something without getting made of by Jon Stewart.

It's probably not true, but a fun conspiracy theory.

Yeah Jon Stewart was on an absolute tear since he announced that he was leaving.

However Jon Oliver covers a lot of the same ground but has to be a bit more respectful because he's go a new show. However on the other hand he's British and lives in a country that supports freedom of speech for some people.

• I saw the GOP debate last night to find out which one would be the least crazy, turns out the governor of Ohio won that, however due to Fox being Fox most of the questions went to Jeb, Huckabee, Rubio, and Trump.
  • Coldguy said:

I saw the GOP debate last night to find out which one would be the least crazy, turns out the governor of Ohio won that, however due to Fox being Fox most of the questions went to Jeb, Huckabee, Rubio, and Trump.

No. Bush got the most questions at 8, but Kasich had 6. Trump and Rubio also had 6, and Huckabee had 5.
  • IF I was trying to find the person I could hold my nose and vote for Kasich won that debate (which means he's going nowhere quick in the republican primary. See other republicans I've liked Jon Huntsman) However if I just went by performances, Trump continues his winning streak, he nailed a question about his bankruptcies and totally killed the question about his donations to the Hillary Clinton campaign in the past. Of course he is a truly vile being that I would never vote for but he definitely knows how to truthiness to power which is something I've found republicans love.
  • Bofa/Deez Nuts 2016