This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Someone was asking how to adequately prepare playing that Journey game. I made a joke of smoking peyote.

Apparently you don't smoke peyote.
  • Remember the ASCII Pad for the Snes is the best.

• Amp said:

sK0pe said:

Cremlian said:

I just use my jeans...

Me too lol.
    Snobbs, bit of shirt is the way to go.
    Eh, I don't like leaving wet patches on my shirt. So I just use someone else's.
  • edited July 2015
    I encourage all of you to follow my new Twitter, @GenAndyJackson.

How can @GovMikeHuckabee say that Obama will "march [Jews] to the door of the oven." Only I get to march minorities to their demise!

— Andrew Jackson (@GenAndyJackson) July 26, 2015
    Post edited by Greg on
  • I'm in a (relatively) major goddamn city and there's no AMTRAK here. I'd have to take a bus up to another city to take a train anywhere.
  • What if the Illuminati conspiracy is itself a conspiracy perpetuated to keep people blaming them instead of actual government corruption?
  • I don't check my LinkedIn enough but Rym senpai noticed me!
  • Boarding the ferry for Amami Oshima, which means...
  • Bunch of people on the bus wearing International passes.
  • I'm finding it easier and more intuitive to use Linux than OSX.
  • Apple better get into AR and make the iPatch.
  • Writing a Patreon page was emotionally draining in a way I didn't know things could be. I fucking hate asking for money, fuck.
  • Writing a Patreon page was emotionally draining in a way I didn't know things could be. I fucking hate asking for money, fuck.

I also find it distasteful.
  • Man poses as Target on their Facebook page trolling haters of their new gender-neutral labeling policy.

Hope Target doesn't decide to sue him.
  • edited August 2015
    So it's just bedding and toys, right? If it were clothing, I could see that making it a little harder to find what you're looking for, but bedding and toys?

EDIT: "JOSH, PLEASE STOP." Lost it.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • The best argument against legalizing pot is that it would vindicate all the stupid shit stoners say. Stoners are the worst drug addicts -- not in that they're most addicted, but in that they're the most prickish about it. No junkie has ever told me "opium is fine for you because it comes from a plant so it's a gift from God."
  • Really, harder drugs aren't all that bad for you if the drugs are of high quality and you have clean equipment and the knowledge to use safely. Addiction sucks and addicts need help, but there's nothing inherently wrong with cocaine or heroin, and plenty of functional users of both.
  • I also feel like it depends on the hard drug. Cocaine can fuck you up, but it takes a while and due to its higher price, the people who take it can usually afford to be functioning addicts. Crack or meth, ehh that's a little more tricky.

I do feel like heroin or other opiates would be a lot safer and manageable if they were legal. With heroin many of the harms aren't due to the drug itself. Sure you could overdose or choke on your own vomit but it doesn't deteriorate your body. A lot of that is more from the method of ingestion, like injection over time fucking up your veins or catching something from dirty needles, or wasting away from not eating enough. Now I realize that a lot of the addiction is the ritual of doing it as much as the drug itself, but I think if most heroin users were on a pure opiate in pill form they would be a lot safer. And with a lot of opiate based painkillers, they have Tylenol or other over the counter painkillers mixed in. This is to use multiple forms of painkilling to limit the possibility of addiction by using less of the narcotic but it can really fuck up the livers of the people who do end up taking a lot of it. Also, a lot of heroin users started out taking painkillers but as their tolerance went up they switched to heroin because its way cheaper.

There are some risks to having higher quality drugs though. I have heard stories of drug dealers trying to be the "good guy" and give their customers more pure product but they had to stop because people started dying. They just weren't used to stuff that strong and started overdosing. Now of course if it were legal you could get it in whatever strength you desire but it could still cause some problems at first for people who think they were getting the "good shit" but really weren't.
  • I do feel like heroin or other opiates would be a lot safer and manageable if they were legal. With heroin many of the harms aren't due to the drug itself.

Opiates are legal for medical use.

All the drugs can fuck you up because they cause the body to behave in a way that it wouldn't normally (even if there is a benefit to it) and your body needs to expend more resources getting rid of it.

Nope, opiates have a lot of side effects, which range based on method of delivery, which opiate, amount that is taken.
    Morphine causes diarrhoea at high acute doses and also causes constipation at lower intermittent doses. Both of these methods can also produce vomiting.

Opiates also cause respiratory depression so while you are out of it, you will become short of breath and your heart will start beating faster (tachycardia) simply because you can't get the normal oxygen flow. These last 2 have follow on effects to the rest of the body.

Someone who is addicted will just crush the pill version up to snort it or inject it as it provides a different experience.
  • It's amazing what people are willing to go through simply to avoid learning something new.
  • Apreche said:

It's amazing what people are willing to go through simply to avoid learning something new.

• edited August 2015
    On this day 40 years ago, Born to Run came out, and patiently waited 37 years before forever changing my life.

EDIT: And, because it's topical and I made it:
    Post edited by Greg on
  • I got called a dingleberry of a conversation. I can't tell if I'm supposed to be mad or not. I think I'll settle for vaguely bemused.
  • edited August 2015
    EDIT: woops
    Post edited by SuperPichu on
  • Naturally, once I've recorded all my backing tracks and start listening to random metal on YouTube to help refine the lead, I realize I need to do something just slightly differently on everything I've completed before I can write the lead.
  • EDIT: woops

What a dingleberry.
  • sK0pe said:

What a dingleberry.
    Honestly have not heard that one before.
  • sK0pe said:

What a dingleberry.
    Honestly have not heard that one before.
    Not really something you want to hear