This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome (Summer) Games Done Quick thread

In case you were not aware the SGDQ schedule is live for you to plan your streaming needs. One of the ones I need to watch is at 5:25 AM for a half minute hero speed run on Wednesday.

Comments

• Some of the games on that list are blowing my mind. The Blues Brothers, Chester Cheetah: Wild Wild Quest, Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue, Digimon World.
  • Original Metal Gear on the MSX.
  • Apreche said:

Original Metal Gear on the MSX.

• Always watch the Yoshi's Island Speedrun. It's the best.

Looking forward to the Castlevania Block into Indie Game Block.
  • AGDQ said:

TASBot plays Ikaruga

My body is ready
  • It appears that Another Speedrun for charity event is going on for the next few days.
  • So, no one has anything to say about the Crash Bandicoot meltdown? ;^)
  • Rym said:

So, no one has anything to say about the Crash Bandicoot meltdown? ;^)

Still looking for video.
  • It wasn't just a Crash Bandicot speedrun. It was a "get banned from *GDQ" speedrun.
  • The cheers and applause from his last comment really turn this around from painful to comedic.
  • RymRym
    edited July 2015
    So...

Yeah. So far, this isn't nearly as bad as the Internet made it out to be. I only caught the very end last night, but everything else is pretty unremarkable.

Also, it's worth noting that the speedrun strategy for this game does literally involve repeated player suicide. So his comments in-context make sense. He's only annoying in the way that most livestreamer shoutymen are.
    Post edited by Rym on

• Supercuts version is out.
  • OK. Now that I've seen the whole thing and not just the very end/aftermath...

What the fuck are people mad about again?
  • Rym said:

So...

Yeah. So far, this isn't nearly as bad as the Internet made it out to be. I only caught the very end last night, but everything else is pretty unremarkable.

Also, it's worth noting that the speedrun strategy for this game does literally involve repeated player suicide. So his comments in-context make sense. He's only annoying in the way that most livestreamer shoutymen are.

He sounds a hell of a lot more creepy/cringe-inducing than most other shoutymen. With his inflections and bizarre noises, he's definitely trying to play some of it off as comedy.
  • RymRym
    edited July 2015
    Nukerjsr said:

Rym said:

So...

He sounds a hell of a lot more creepy/cringe-inducing than most other shoutymen. With his inflections and bizarre noises, he's definitely trying to play some of it off as comedy.
    To me, he sounds about the same as almost every shoutyman I've ever seen.

He wasn't even the most awkward AGDQ performer I've ever seen. Just a typically-awkward shoutyman who's getting a surprising amount of attention.

Post edited by Rym on
  • Rym said:

So, no one has anything to say about the Crash Bandicoot meltdown? ;^)

Didn't know about it until just now, and even if I did - eh, it's just some idiot being an idiot. Idjits gonna idjit.
  • Money ball run was legit but Tetris is tonight where things should be off the hook.
  • I'm pumped for Tetris, Ghouls and Ghosts was also amazing to watch. The amount that these players understand and know these games is way beyond me
  • Spica Adventure for best speedrun. (It was a world record!)
  • Can anyone beat it for cutest speedrun though?
  • The Tetris Grandmasters came from the other side of the world to show us the real skills.
  • It appears that it is possible to beat hero 3, imagine that?
  • Coldguy said:

It appears that it is possible to beat hero 3, imagine that?

I saw that. It was incredible.
  • It was both really weird but interesting watching the controller camera for the Kirby Super Star 100% run.
  • Coldguy said:

It was both really weird but interesting watching the controller camera for the Kirby Super Star 100% run.

I also watched that. Never knew a Kirby game could be so heavy on the APM.
  • I slept through Hotline Miami, Half-minute Hero, and Bastion. :(