This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geeknights Soundboard App

So, inspired by Victor and Churba on the Connecticon Live episode of Acceptable Vices, I've decided to make a proper soundboard with Geeknights soundbites. This probably isn't shit-talk. I'd like to have a feature where you can record the soundboard and make your own mini-geeknights, possibly with sharing to Soundcloud. Please submit your favourite soundbites from the show.

Comments

• That sounds like way too much work from us.

However, you can use any meta moment from any of the last two years of Geeknights, and it will suffice for all. "This is the book that Scott hasn't read/started/finished yet, go to the next PAX, we're running panels at the next Connecticon" is evergreen.
  • That sounds like way too much work from us.

I'm not expecting you guys to come up with all the content, just submit a couple things if you want and I'll add it to my collection.
  • Let's do this.
  • Next time I start working through the archives again I'll try to jot down timestamps for you.
  • Apreche said:

Let's do this.

Scott's super excited about this because it brings him one step closer to being able to do the show without actually having to DO the show.
  • Apreche said:

Let's do this.

A little while ago I had a really good idea for a phrase to replace "Let's do this."

I can't remember it.
  • Pegu said:

So, inspired by Victor and Churba on the Connecticon Live episode of Acceptable Vices, I've decided to make a proper soundboard with Geeknights soundbites. This probably isn't shit-talk. I'd like to have a feature where you can record the soundboard and make your own mini-geeknights, possibly with sharing to Soundcloud. Please submit your favourite soundbites from the show.

If you want any programming help (Android specifically) hit me up.
  • Apreche said:

Let's do this.

Scott's super excited about this because it brings him one step closer to being able to do the show without actually having to DO the show.
    I think Scott was submitting the phrase he wants in the sound board.
  • edited July 2015
    Does anyone know an episode with "Warm today" off hand? Also, wasn't there a thread with all the logos somewhere?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I think the best "Warm Today" was from a Beacon episode, extended intro bit during winter.
  • You can find the "Woman!" in the Old Negro Space Program movie. It was a thing of the day on a guest host episode.
  • edited July 2015
    http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20100621/network-neutrality/

Geeknights 20100621 - Network Neutrality

Expanded Show Notes - Show Run Time: 01:04:31

Time | Notes
    ---------+----------------------------------------------------------
    00:00:00 | Intro
    00:00:24 | Opening Chit-Chat
    | - It's the first day of summer!
    | - Time Zones
    | - Warm today. Warm yesterday. Even warmer today.
    | - Every in-joke ever
    | - Rym is attending the SIFMA Expo this week
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • You can find the "Woman!" in the Old Negro Space Program movie. It was a thing of the day on a guest host episode.

Oh my, that thing.

I watched a few Burns documentaries not that long ago fly, and and I COULD NOT BUT hear everything through the lens of NAASA.

• http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20100621/network-neutrality/

Time | Notes
    | - Time Zones
    | - Every in-joke ever

Oh hey I remember that, think that was one of the episodes I did when I had time to learn some Git, I should do a few more since I am rusty on it.
  • http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20100621/network-neutrality/

Time | Notes
    | - Time Zones
    | - Every in-joke ever

I tried that one. Scott fucks it up and Rym has to correct him.
  • I just searched the show notes, I didn't actually listen to the episode :)