This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2015

Comments

• Send an email. Can't go wrong.
  • Confirmed. Satellite tabletop area is back in Olive8.
  • Yes. My decisions are proving to be good ones.
  • Got my Saturday badge. Also tried to sign up for vip giant bomb thing but it filled up within 15 minutes and I was in a meeting when the page went up :frowning: but the doors open to everyone 45 mins after or so.
  • Ugh... If I hadn't gone to CTCon, I could have gone to PAX, but I swore I would only go to cons I'm performing at for the exact reason that I would want to go to all the cons, which I can't afford to do. Still, PAX...
  • Still no badges for me. I am getting the worries.
  • Dromaro said:

Still no badges for me. I am getting the worries.

Did you email PAX?

My extra Sunday badge arrived.
  • Got all my badges just fine. Looking forward to having an even shorter walk to the convention this year than previous years. It will likely be the last year I get to be within walking distance.
  • Guidebook UP on iOS.
  • I don't see it. What's the title?
  • Dromaro said:

I don't see it. What's the title?

It's its own separate app, but it's still Guidebook.
  • Apreche said:

Dromaro said:

PAX Prime 2015 Mobile App by Guidebook Inc
    https://appsto.re/us/fjwn2.i
  • Got all my badges just fine. Looking forward to having an even shorter walk to the convention this year than previous years. It will likely be the last year I get to be within walking distance.

Yeah I'm gonna need to take the bus which kinda sucks because I used to only have to walk halfway to work to get there. I've been looking into possibly buying a condo in my old area because I could easily live there for a while.
  • Apreche said:

Dromaro said:

Ah. That's what I didn't know. Thank you.
  • Ro, we're a week out - we should coordinate tabletop games. ;]
  • pence said:

Ro, we're a week out - we should coordinate tabletop games. ;]

We only need these friends.

• Is that from Wizard? If so, I still haven't play that gotdamn game.

Also, yes. You guys have no idea how much I'm looking forward to next week. Work has been kicking my ass, especially today, and need a break from all the crazy from my work.

Games will be broughten by us. Jeremy and I are getting ready.
  • edited August 2015
    Rochelle said:

Is that from Wizard? If so, I still haven't play that gotdamn game.

Also, yes. You guys have no idea how much I'm looking forward to next week. Work has been kicking my ass, especially today, and need a break from all the crazy from my work.

Games will be broughten by us. Jeremy and I are getting ready.

If PAX 2014 was Pandante, 2015 is Wizard.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I am also super stoked for PAX this year. I haven't done the whole weekend in three years and Katie will be with me the whole time too, which is a first for us. Looking forward to playing a bunch of new board games.
  • I plan to teach people how to play Löwenherz and Knizia games...

Anthony's probably bringing Scoville and Viticulture.
  • Oh we can bring Viticulture so someone can teach Jeremy.
  • Do you have the first or second edition of Viticulture? I've got the latter with the grande workers, and I also picked up the Tuscany expansion.
  • I wish I remembered why I didn't like Viticulture. I think it's been over two years since I played it, though.
  • The designers made a significant change to the game with the second edition that came out in the past year, but this topic is best saved for the board game thread.
  • I'll bring my wizard and poker chips for more blizzard wizard.
  • Do you have the first or second edition of Viticulture? I've got the latter with the grande workers, and I also picked up the Tuscany expansion.

Pretty sure it's second edition. We just recently purchased it.

• I'll also bring my Wizard and my poker chips. Wizard is the perfect "we aren't inside of PAX and we need a game, but it's too late to play a big game" game.

I will bring one German game. Leaning toward Hansa Teutonica.

Maybe some two player games: Emily and I are starting to play them regularly. Hive/Lost Cities/Oshii?

Plus 3DS. Bring your fucking 3DSs. I want to Mario Kart and Smash. ;^)
  • Rym said:

Maybe some two player games: Emily and I are starting to play them regularly. Hive/Lost Cities/Oshii?

Anthony and I play a lot of 2p games - even multiplayer games with variant 2p rules. I will bring Patchwork, it's likely to align with general FRC taste.

3DS is a given.