This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Look at me, I'm playing video games.

Comments

• If the game supports the nvidia card direct native streaming, use that: it doesn't impact your performance.
  • edited October 2014
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I was sweating bullets.
  • Apreche said:

PAC-MAN CE DX

Just so you know, the first minute and a half are yo dog we heard you like screencasts. After that it's main menu for like 7 minutes.
  • Starfox said:

Apreche said:

PAC-MAN CE DX

Just so you know, the first minute and a half are yo dog we heard you like screencasts. After that it's main menu for like 7 minutes.
    yeah, gotta work on hat.
  • ATW9K being stupid on a stupid server that turned into lols. I will have to adjust the volume settings to hear more of chat vs game.

Watch live video from rosaka on www.twitch.tv
  • I'm trying to stream my iPad, troubleshoot it with me.

• Tomorrow, TIE FIGHTER

• I now have access to the unreleased gaming.youtube.com and also the iOS app.

Let me tell you this. You know how there have been so many times in tech history where there was a second place clone? Reddit was the second place to Digg. Google was the second place to Altavista. Facebook was the second place to MySpace. The first-comer is never the long term winner.

Right now Twitch is the king of game streaming. In the long run, YouTube is going to crush it. Twitch better up their game.
  • Apreche said:

YouTube is going to crush it. Twitch better up their game.

100%.
  • Rym said:

Apreche said:

YouTube is going to crush it. Twitch better up their game.

100%.
    Knowing what I know about Twitch the answer to that is no.
  • If you can't say, just say you can't, but what's better about it, as compared to Twitch? Just the build-in audience?

As someone who wants to get in to streaming games, should I just wait for YouTube gaming?
  • The tech is lightyears beyond twitch in terms of the actual streams and capacity. The archives actually work. The content is better organized. The creator tools are better. It's just better in every possible way.

All Twitch has is its existing audience and its... community.

So it has one thing.
  • Also,

Youtube has better event streaming capabilities, especially with scheduled events and conventions/tournaments.

Youtube has better creator monetization.

Youtube has better post-event post-stream reach.
    Neito said:

As someone who wants to get in to streaming games, should I just wait for YouTube gaming?

Don't wait: just stream to it now. No reason at all to wait. Build your library.

Hell, if you have bandwidth, stream to both.

• I've never used YouTube for streaming but weren't you guys having issues with their service not providing like timing mechanisms or something not too long ago?
  • MATATAT said:

I've never used YouTube for streaming but weren't you guys having issues with their service not providing like timing mechanisms or something not too long ago?

The only issue we had was that you had to schedule a time for your stream to start, and it was annoying. YouTube gaming now has a "stream now" button.

Also, nothing about this is secret. I didn't sign an NDA. I can show you everything.

• Apreche said:

Also, nothing about this is secret. I didn't sign an NDA. I can show you everything.

Everything?

Coming soon: Naked Netrunner with Scott.

• Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

I've never used YouTube for streaming but weren't you guys having issues with their service not providing like timing mechanisms or something not too long ago?

The only issue we had was that you had to schedule a time for your stream to start, and it was annoying. YouTube gaming now has a "stream now" button.
    Ah yeah that was it. Well yeah in that case I'd rather use YouTube. I don't particularly like twitch. It's fine, but YouTube is just better generally.
  • I assume streaming is done through obs or xsplit still?

Yes, on the right side you see there is a section for "setting up encoding software." In that section they make suggestions and help you setup XSplit, Elgato, OBS, etc.

Stream with anything.
  • edited September 2015
    I'll probably stream some Rocket League in the morning tomorrow. I've done a couple this week at like 10pm so I'm usually tired and whiffing on the ball constantly. Occasionally there will be a good play or two. But morning I'll be more alert hopefully.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

I'll probably stream some Rocket League in the morning tomorrow. I've done a couple this week at like 10pm so I'm usually tired and whiffing on the ball constantly. Occasionally there will be a good play or two. But morning I'll be more alert hopefully.

I've also noticed my performance vary wildly depending on my physical and mental condition. Sports!
  • Ok, gonna try streaming some PC Rocket League. Normally do on PS4 so hopefully there are no issues.

Watch live video from matatat on www.twitch.tv
  • edited October 2015
    This weekend is the NYCC, that I'm not going to. Tonight I'm watching Rangers/Mets.

But Monday is jerkface Columbus day. Absent other plans this weekend, I'm going to stream a fuckton of stuff. Video games and otherwise. And thanks to YouTube, we have this great new easy to use URL!

www.youtube.com/user/Apreche/live
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Now playing Sublevel Zero!