This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2015

Comments

• pence said:

3DS is a given.

You'd think that, but I recall several people who didn't have any games with them last year...

• I can't imagine... I mean, I would never...
  • Patchwork is good shit
  • NeoNeo
    edited August 2015
    I just got a 3DS, what games would people recommend for PAX?
    Post edited by Neo on
  • Neo said:

I just got a 3DS, what games would people recommend for PAX?

Smash Bros, Mario Kart.

I doubt much else will get played much.

• I don't own Mario Kart on 3DS but I will play Smash. I haven't played it in a while (especially 3DS version) so I might need to brush up.
  • I will also be trying to play some Rocket League with random people if it's available.
  • I am looking forward to the Wizard.
  • I still have one full set of tickets that nobody has committed to buying. Face value.
  • Probably gone now but a few more badges went up. I was considering getting a Sunday, but with it not being Labor Day weekend I want a day to recoup.
  • It is odd that Club PA people like me have to pick them up in person. Maybe we get a hug from a PA staffer as part of being a member of Club PA?
  • I also have a spare Monday pass that I haven't sold yet.
  • Games I am planning on bringing (tentative list, there will probably be more added later):

Larger or Heavier games: Viticulture, Alchemists, Evolution, Ginkgopolis, Aquasphere, 7 Wonders, Viceroy, Pandante, and possibly Dominion, but not all of it... Maybe the base, Guilds, Adventures and like one other expansion.

Smaller/lighter games: Quiddler, Adorable Padaring, Exploding Kittens, Sail to India, Dead Man's Draw, and Machi Koro.
    I am sure I will probably end up packing other games as well.
  • Competitive stuff I'm planning on bringing: Ca$h 'n' Guns 2nd Edition, Scoville, and I could bring either Cacao or my expansion-filled box of Carcassonne.

I've got some co-ops I could bring too! Pandemic: The Cure, Dead of Winter, Dead Men Tell No Tales, Legendary Encounters: Alien, and Flash Point: Fire Rescue are all in my collection.
  • You forgot Takenoko especially if the expansion will be for sale at PAX. Also Isle of Trains and Yardmaster.
  • edited August 2015
    I will always play Sail to India and Dominion. I enjoy Isle of Trains, and want to play more Ginkgopolis. I also enjoy the deduction in Alchemists and played it a lot earlier this year, even though it seems lengthy for our usual PAX fare.

Bringing...
    German games: Löwenherz, Voyages of Marco Polo
    Small games: 6 Nimmt, Abraca... What?, Too Many Cinderellas, Patchwork

I'll bring Tumblin' Dice if it's not too much of a pain to fit in my luggage. Fresh Fish, Navegador, Res Publica, Roll for the Galaxy, Speculation, and Tigris & Euphrates are on the shortlist.
    Post edited by pence on
  • Sort of surprisingly Monday tickets are still available.
  • MATATAT said:

Sort of surprisingly Monday tickets are still available.

It's not Labor Day this year. It's not easy for people to take off Monday for this sort of thing.
  • MATATAT said:

Sort of surprisingly Monday tickets are still available.

They became available when scalpers' orders were undone, but since the hotels are all long gone and it's close to the con, very few people are going to travel for ONE day of PAX: especially a work day for most people.

• Yeah I was thinking it was probably because of it not being Labor Day, but there was some Fri-Sun tickets that also went pretty fast. Sunday a little less so. Then PAX twitter was saying "they'll probably be gone in a few minutes" but you can still order up to 5 or so.

• I'm thinking about printing some Gwent cards and bringing them.
  • We're in a good hotel, but this jpg is too real.

• LOL, we're just a block away. And board gaming/TTHQ is in the Olive 8. You already know we're going to be there most of the time. Laid back and gaming it up.
  • Rochelle said:

LOL, we're just a block away. And board gaming/TTHQ is in the Olive 8. You already know we're going to be there most of the time. Laid back and gaming it up.

We're checking in Tuesday, so it'll be nice and warmed up.
  • I'm in the Olive 8 and checking in Tuesday. I will fart on the bed.
  • I always thought olive 8 was condos.
  • I might be flying in Thursday morning and working at Oculus Seattle for the day instead of flying in Thursday night.
  • DOOD. Nice. Jeremy and I are both off from Friday thru Tuesday. Plan on showing up around midday. I think most of us are at Olive 8. Because I'm awesome.