This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• Guys, I just can't beat air man. Also, Reina Headlock has been ruining my nights. Even Swordsman and Crisium can't stop it
  • Air Man is weak against leaf shield.
  • I NEED DIS.

I don't even play Netrunner and I need dis.
  • Tabletop Simulator looks like someone loaded assets into the basic set up for unity and said "Go". Do not recommend.

• This Saturday, if there are no technical difficulties, I'm streaming the Philadelphia Regional Championships LIVE.
  • Apreche said:

This Saturday, if there are no technical difficulties, I'm streaming the Philadelphia Regional Championships LIVE.

Since you are coming down here feel free to stop by afterwards and say hi.
  • Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

This Saturday, if there are no technical difficulties, I'm streaming the Philadelphia Regional Championships LIVE.

Since you are coming down here feel free to stop by afterwards and say hi.
    That's not really going to happen. I'm in a car with other netrunners. They are driving. Also, these tournaments last until late at night. You can feel free to come over and say hi at the store!
  • This makes the head of Weyland Industries seem much more playful and terrifying.
  • ThatGent said:

This makes the head of Weyland Industries seem much more playful and terrifying.

Elizabeth Mills isn't the head of Weyland. Jack Weyland is.
  • What happened to Yutani?
  • Starfox said:

What happened to Yutani?

Different Weyland.
  • So, does Netrunner end up being super expensive? Looking at the wiki page and Amazon, I have to image it would cost hundreds of dollars to get every usable card, and given that it's only 3 years old it's probably pretty expensive to keep up to date. How much of a disadvantage would I have using a single core set against people who have most or all cards?
  • Scott has said it a few times here and there but I agree. If you aren't being competitive, just buy the core set.
  • on the runner side, core set criminal can pack a punch

on the corp side, you will get rolled if you don't have Jackson Howard in your deck. However, unless you're playing in a competitive tournament, you should be able to sleeve proxies.
    (Seriously, he is that important; there is a reason people call him Netrunner Jesus)
  • edited July 2015
    I think some of the bigger indie tournaments let you proxy the out-of-print stuff, don't they?
    Post edited by Neito on
  • At this point in time just about every tournament that isn't a big deal is letting people proxy cards from the out of print data packs, which includes Opening Moves (Jackson Howard).

The entire point of an LCG is that everyone can have all the cards at the same price. If some cards, especially essential ones like Mr. Howard are out of print, that's complete bullshit. It means players who happened to start earlier or are willing to buy overpriced aftermarket cards have an unfair advantage. Might as well play Money: The Wasting.

If it's not a big time championship tournament and someone gives you shit about a Jackson Howard proxy, they can eat a dick.

Once it comes back in print, that will be a different story.
  • One idea that would keep Jackson in play is if they added him to a Box Expansion that doesn't rotate out of the meta.

Either that or every so often add a "Jackson Light" to each of the factions.

The only other idea I could see is changing the core rules so the Corp had a specialized action that could mimic Jackson in some way.
  • By the time Jackson goes out there will be alternatives. They've already made a lot of cards that do part of what he does.
  • So I missed the boat on Netrunner, even though I tried. But, now that GoT is getting a reboot, I'm thinking about jumping with that from the beginning. Anyone else gonna try to pick it up?
  • Andrew said:

So I missed the boat on Netrunner, even though I tried. But, now that GoT is getting a reboot, I'm thinking about jumping with that from the beginning. Anyone else gonna try to pick it up?

I played it. I'm not into it. It's just not as good a game as Netrunner.
  • Those tokens you're using in your streams are really nice Scort, where can I pick those up?
  • This is pretty close to how I feel. The whizzard decks have a speed that is downright horrifying and while it is nice to see a new deck that isn't yellow, the graveyard decks are generally oppressive to play against.