This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2015

Comments

• I didn't realize there was a Seattle office for Oculus.
  • My lady and I will arrive in Seattle Thursday afternoon. Okeefe should already have us checked in to the hotel so we just need to swing by Will Call for our badges and then IT'S ON.
  • I'll be arriving Thursday noonish. When I'm not Enforcing, I plan to game it up.
  • http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-Z3LgZwc/0/O/i-Z3LgZwc.jpg

OMG there is PAX Playmat. Perfect for my Netrunning. Also, I kinda want the slap bracelet. Let me wait in merch line for you after the Q&A, so we can up the total. Who wants the Merch pin?
  • I just came back from my FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store) after trading in the remainder of my Money: the Wasting cards for in store credit. My cards netted me $500 worth of store credit. I bought Elysium, Five Tribes, Patchwork and Nevermore, which I plan on bringing those to PAX. I also picked up expansions to Castle Panic!, Machi Koro, and Kingdom Builder (which will be brought as well). I still have $237 in store credit for future purchases, with Kanban coming by Wednesday before PAX.
  • Checked Seattle weather forecast for the first time today. So far, so good.
  • This weekend has 60% chance of rain. The summer has been too good. Too warm and hot. I'm ok with the rain. We need it, just amusing it's going to happen this weekend of all weekends.
  • Now is the time to sign up for Oculus demos.

• Other than having to download a new app for this, registering for a spot for demo was very easy. Sunday at 10 AM, Booth 8!
  • NeoNeo
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by Neo on
  • I'd say it's easy mode. Plentiful food, plentiful hotel spaces nearby for gaming, fresh air, less crowding, not winter. =P
  • Rochelle said:

Other than having to download a new app for this, registering for a spot for demo was very easy. Sunday at 10 AM, Booth 8!

I haven't looked to see what is available, but did you have an option to sign up for a touch demo?
  • Rym said:

I'd say it's easy mode. Plentiful food, plentiful hotel spaces nearby for gaming, fresh air, less crowding, not winter. =P

How about, easy mode for awesomeness (Seattle, end of summer) but hard mode for having more personal responsibility to find and get to the attractions you are interested in? I've never been to East, but comparing to South where everything was under one roof Prime is a completely different beast.
  • edited August 2015
    Andrew said:

Rochelle said:

Other than having to download a new app for this, registering for a spot for demo was very easy. Sunday at 10 AM, Booth 8!

I haven't looked to see what is available, but did you have an option to sign up for a touch demo?
    This is all the app has to show:

You log in with either Twitter, Facebook, G+, or LinkedIn to reserve a spot.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Cool, Touch demos might be VIP only, but the Rift Demo is cool too! I'm actually going to try and bring a personal GearVR as well which I'll share around.
  • I have a GearVR as well and have been debating bringing it. Not sure if it is worth the luggage space.
  • I'm probably gonna bring everything needed to play "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes", a great party game I hear.
  • Andrew said:

Cool, Touch demos might be VIP only, but the Rift Demo is cool too! I'm actually going to try and bring a personal GearVR as well which I'll share around.

Get me a touch demo and I'll do it without Mr. Scott the Hater. ;^)

• I'm going to bring Torchbearer, USCMC, InSpectres, and Fiasco. I haven't prepped Torchbearer since East, though, so I might be a little rusty.
  • edited August 2015
    Our incredibly indulgent checked bag:

<=30 Minutes:
    6 Nimmt!, Res Publica (Knizia!), Abraca-what?, Roll for the Galaxy, Too Many Cinderellas, Traders of Osaka, Tumblin-Dice

60 Minutes:
    Fresh Fish, Löwenherz, Tigris & Euphrates (Knizia!), Voyages of Marco Polo, Speculation, Santiago, Thebes

Anthony's stuff:
    Ca$h n' Guns (2nd edition), Flash Point Fire Rescue, Pandemic: The Cure, Scoville, VivaJava: The Dice Game

If you forced me to cut mine down to a single box, I'd bring Abraca-what, Fresh Fish, and Voyages of Marco Polo.
    Post edited by pence on
  • Andrew said:

That's way too real for me, man.
  • Sounds like there is a daily rocket league tourney so I might check that out Saturday.
  • MATATAT said:

Sounds like there is a daily rocket league tourney so I might check that out Saturday.

I still can't even aerial, so... NOPE.
  • I'm about halfway consistent with it.
  • edited August 2015
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • MATATAT said:

I'm about halfway consistent with it.

I'd go for the tourney anyway, because fuck it, what's the worst that can happen?
  • Churba said:

MATATAT said:

I'd go for the tourney anyway, because fuck it, what's the worst that can happen?
    Embarrassing own-goals and hot tears of shame.
  • edited August 2015
    Apreche said:

Churba said:

MATATAT said:

Embarrassing own-goals and hot tears of shame.
    I'm not going to lie, it's happened a few times after getting turned about, but never against human players, only AI.

Nah seriously go for it cuz. You can do it! Worse comes to worse, just defend and be ready to seize an opportunity when it comes.

Post edited by Churba on