This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2015

Comments

• SO EXCITE
  • Churba said:

Apreche said:

Churba said:

MATATAT said:

I'm about halfway consistent with it.

I'd go for the tourney anyway, because fuck it, what's the worst that can happen?
    Embarrassing own-goals and hot tears of shame.
    I'm not going to lie, it's happened a few times after getting turned about, but never against human players, only AI.

Nah seriously go for it cuz. You can do it! Worse comes to worse, just defend and be ready to seize an opportunity when it comes.

If I defend, the chances of own-goal goes up!
  • edited August 2015
    Apreche said:

Churba said:

Apreche said:

Churba said:

MATATAT said:

I'm about halfway consistent with it.

I'd go for the tourney anyway, because fuck it, what's the worst that can happen?
    Embarrassing own-goals and hot tears of shame.
    I'm not going to lie, it's happened a few times after getting turned about, but never against human players, only AI.

Nah seriously go for it cuz. You can do it! Worse comes to worse, just defend and be ready to seize an opportunity when it comes.

If I defend, the chances of own-goal goes up!
    And that's why you must attack, with strength and vigor! I mean, look at people online when they attack the enemy goal super enthusiastically, they never get it in - so either you'll miss your own goal from overpowering it, or you'll punt the ball towards the other goal, it's a win-win!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Heading to PAX Prime for the first time this year and i'm looking forward to it.

Seems like the majority of the panels are usually recorded and uploaded onto youtube or twitch, so i'm not sure if it seems worth attending too many panels.

Planning on be hitting up the expo hall(this is my first gaming convention), tabletop gaming room, indie megabooth and not sure what else. I'll probably check out the witcher 3 story panel on Sunday. Not sure which night activities are worth pursuing. Maybe try to get into a PAX party? or concert? or just check out seattle?
  • In case everyone doesn't frequent /r/pax (why not!?):

• I live vicariously through y'all from the other side of the continent. Have fun and stuff.
  • So it's that time again. What's the current hotness for handling con communication?
  • edited August 2015

So it's that time again. What's the current hotness for handling con communication?

Artisinal Carrier Pigeon.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Free range, fair trade.
  • Is there some kind of chat app we'll be using?
  • I live vicariously through y'all from the other side of the continent. Have fun and stuff.

• I'm helping a friend friend with a both at PAX this year. This will be my first PAX. It's so overwhelming and exciting.
  • Favorite game I've seen at PAX this year.

• This is my favourite.
  • I also played some Superfight which was a pretty fun improv card game. Picked up a copy of that and some expansions. I also played some Duck Game which I'd seen before on ads but finally played. Pretty crazy and hilarious party versus game. Also bought a copy of this game 20XX which is like a procedurally generated Mega Man X game.

Played some bigger name games like the new Forza, Street Fighter 5, and a bit of Rainbow 6. Also watched a demonstration of Mario Maker that was driven by a Nintendo guy. They had some on display to play but they were mostly taken up and I would rather just sort of participate with someone who knows what they're doing.
  • This PAX. It was a good PAX
  • Probably the best one I've been to in a while.
  • Christ, that Omegathon finale.
  • They were unworthy of such an honor. I am still so salty from that bullshit.
  • What happened, for the folks at home?
  • What happened, for the folks at home?

Based on what I gathered from Twitter one or both of the finalists were bad at playing Mario.
  • Apsup said:

What happened, for the folks at home?

Based on what I gathered from Twitter one or both of the finalists were bad at playing Mario.
    OK so maybe it's me but if I got the call to be omeganaut, I would be practicing the games from the previous years as well as covering the basic games.

Seriously you are entering a video game competition even if you do not think it is going to be there why the hell wouldn't you add a Mario game to the platform practicing?

Anyone have the breakdown of the other games that were featured? Did it schew towards mordern titles to elimate people who COULD do well in the finals?
  • edited September 2015
    Coldguy said:

Apsup said:

OK so maybe it's me but if I got the call to be omeganaut, I would be practicing the games from the previous years as well as covering the basic games.

Seriously you are entering a video game competition even if you do not think it is going to be there why the hell wouldn't you add a Mario game to the platform practicing?

Anyone have the breakdown of the other games that were featured? Did it schew towards mordern titles to elimate people who COULD do well in the finals?
    You are going to play like the last 30+ years of video games in like 2 months? (and not only that be good at them?)
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Cremlian said:

Coldguy said:

Apsup said:

You are going to play like the last 30+ years of video games in like 2 months? (and not only that be good at them?)
    No, you should have the knowledge from gaming in your life, you need to refresh your skills in the games so that you are ready for challenge. Also I use the time to fill in a gap in area of gaming that might have passed you by.

It's not a cramming session but rather a study group for a final.
  • edited September 2015
    I remember seeing some of the games and they were basically games of chance. I didn't actually go to watch any of them but I did look at the list at some time when I was passing by.

EDIT: Well, maybe a little less than games of chance but still...

Super Monkey Ball 2
    Tony Hawk Project 8
    Beautiful Katamari
    Calling All Cars
    World of Goo
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Expo hall favorites: Future Grind, Dark Echo, Knight Squad, Chasm, Just Shapes and Beats.

Tabletop after hours: Fresh Fish, Tumblin' Dice, 6 Nimmt, Wizard, Too Many Cinderellas, Camel Up There were other games, but those felt the most ubiquitous to me, even if I never played Camel Up.
  • It's Camel Cup.
  • The SdJ committee and boardgamegeek say it's "up," but this is a controversy that may never find resolution.